cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AR11 Router Firnware Version?

N/A

AR11 Router Firnware Version?

I guess quite a few of us have the AR11 (alcatel chipset) adsl router since it was in the router starter pack a small time ago.

I'm interested in what the firmware version different people have. You can find it from the Utility button and then the System link in the left hand panel.

The router I have says ...

Firmware Version: Version 2.6k

... what about yours?

TIA - Lyndon
10 REPLIES
elton
Grafter

RE: AR11 Router Firnware Version?

> I guess quite a few of us have the AR11 (alcatel chipset) adsl router since it was in the router starter pack a small time ago.
>
> I'm interested in what the firmware version different people have. You can find it from the Utility button and then the System link in the left hand panel.
>
> The router I have says ...
>
> Firmware Version: Version 2.6k
>
> ... what about yours?
>
> TIA - Lyndon

Cliff,

Firmware Version: Version 2.9b

--
Skonko!
N/A

> > I guess quite a few of us have the AR11 (alcatel chipset) adsl router since it was in the router starter pack a small time ago.

Has anyone had the experience of the connection dropping and all the red lights coming on, on one of these routers when the last user logs out in a network environment.

Then the only way to get it back is to power off and on again.

If so, what could be causing it?

Cheers
N/A

Hi Notle

> Firmware Version: Version 2.9b

Really!? Not like 2.6b?

Cheers
Lyndon
elton
Grafter

> Hi Notle
>
> > Firmware Version: Version 2.9b
>
> Really!? Not like 2.6b?
>
> Cheers
> Lyndon
>

I don't think 2.6b was ever released, was it?

--
Skonko!
N/A

Hi Notle

> I don't think 2.6b was ever released, was it?

Dunno. Its kinda intersitng. If you go to the aceex site - coz this kit is an unbranded aceex ar11/9 (?) - the firmware there is 2.6f. So, err,
makes me wonder howcome i seem to have 2.6k, amnd
other seem to have higher versions?

Cheers
Lyndon

elton
Grafter

> Hi Notle
>
> > I don't think 2.6b was ever released, was it?
>
> Dunno. Its kinda intersitng. If you go to the aceex site - coz this kit is an unbranded aceex ar11/9 (?) - the firmware there is 2.6f. So, err,
> makes me wonder howcome i seem to have 2.6k, amnd
> other seem to have higher versions?
>
> Cheers
> Lyndon
>

Well, as long as it works I don't care what version it is. I learned a long time ago to just stick with what works. Every time anybody produces a new version of anything, you've got a good chance of finding bugs that weren't there in the last version.

--
Skonko!
N/A

Oh boy do you know how much I know that one. Half of the times its people finding my bugs Smiley
N/A

> I guess quite a few of us have the AR11 (alcatel chipset) adsl router since it was in the router starter pack a small time ago.
>
> I'm interested in what the firmware version different people have. You can find it from the Utility button and then the System link in the left hand panel.
>
> The router I have says ...
>
> Firmware Version: Version 2.6k
>
> ... what about yours?

>
> TIA - Lyndon

Hi, 26f here too.:confused:

--
Regards Brian
N/A

mines Alcatel version 3881 Version 2.6k
N/A

> mines Alcatel version 3881 Version 2.6k

Me too - 2.6k
Has anyone managed to get video working over netmeeting. I've tried everything; port forwarding, nat, throwing my pc into the dmz. I don't think these routers can handle the H323 protocol (this is used to pick a port between 1024-65535 for video).
Also, has anyone noticed you can't use port 65535 on this router with firmware 2.6k - mine only goes up to 65534. I guess that last port was just too much...

--
(OO)