cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AR-502 Router?

N/A

AR-502 Router?

I ordered the "Router Starter Pack" for my ADSL connection with PlusNET, and got delivered a no-name AR-502 router instead of the Solwise SAR-110 (by mistake).

Everything has been up and running fine for the last couple of days, and the basic functionality of the AR-502 seems very similar to the SAR-110.

I am a bit concerned about support for this no-name router. Can't find out too much about it from the web, other than that it is a Castlenet (Taiwan) OEM product.

Does anyone have any experience with this AR-502 router? Good, bad or indifferent?

DMac
5 REPLIES
Lorian
Grafter

RE: AR-502 Router?

> I ordered the "Router Starter Pack" for my ADSL connection with PlusNET, and got delivered a no-name AR-502 router instead of the Solwise SAR-110 (by mistake).
>
> Everything has been up and running fine for the last couple of days, and the basic functionality of the AR-502 seems very similar to the SAR-110.
>
> I am a bit concerned about support for this no-name router. Can't find out too much about it from the web, other than that it is a Castlenet (Taiwan) OEM product.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this AR-502 router? Good, bad or indifferent?
>
> DMac

I don't know anything about an AR-502 but I know the SAR-110 is a nice piece of kit.

Jc
N/A

AR502

The same thing happened to me. I kept it because it has a USB and Ethernet connection so I could connect my laptop and my desktop to broadband.
It's made by Globespan Virata. Checkout www.virata.com.
They look big/multinational. See also
www.cadence.com/success_stories/globespanvirata.html
Community Veteran

AR-502 Router?

Don't forget you are actually buying an OEM router from PlusNet anyway so they can supply whatever device meets the needs that are set out.

Ive heard of this router before and non of what ive heartd have been horror stories.

Good luck with your new router and welcome to PlusNet's forums.

Chris
N/A

AR502 - OOps sorry!

Sorry, you are right. It's the embedded software which is by Globe/Virata.
The SOHOspeed router spec is on www.castlenet.com.tw/p-adslex.htm
Tech Support downloads from www.castlenet.com.tw/download.htm.
N/A

AR502 Support

p.s. I've tried to e-mail Castlenet at afterservice@castlenet.com.tw but had it bounced. Still no reason to believe that full support is not available or will ever be needed!
Thanks for comment Chris. (Nothing's perfect. I had trouble with a Solwise faxswitch)