cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AR 11 settings

N/A

AR 11 settings

Hi

I have acquired an AR11 one port router and am unable to connect to the internet. (I think it is the one supplied by PlusNet about September last year. )

I have no problem with the connection to my computer to update the settings via the web interface. I have tried plugging it into the master socket with no other devices connected but still no success.

I have updated the firmware to version 2.7V3 and have loaded the default settings. I have then changed the settings to:
PPoA+NAT
AAL5 Encapsulation: VcMUX
VPI / VCI: 0:38
username@plusdsl.net
password
and then saved them.

The router then restarts and the TST light show the test is being carried out, the ACT light flashes, the LNK light comes on and off 4 times but the CD light never comes on. I think this means it is trying to connect but fails to do so.

Under Advance settings it shows Static Route entries of
168.95.192.1 &

Are these my problem ? And, if so, how do I alter them ?

Any assistance appreciated.
6 REPLIES
N/A

AR 11 settings

Where did you get the 2.7V3 firmware from? As far as I am aware, 2.7V2 is the latest version suitable for the AR11 in the UK.

Tim
N/A

AR 11 settings

I thought I got it from the Aceex site but it isn't there now. I followed a link from one of many searches I have done to try and get the router working. The upgrade appears to have worked OK but tthe router still wont connect.
N/A

AR 11 settings

I found it !

I followed your link Cheesy

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8247&highlight=ar11+firmware

The firmware was updated 20th May:
http://filesrv.micronet.info/Download/Driver/Driver.asp#adsl

File name SP3350A_u_En
N/A

AR 11 settings

SP3350A_A.zip is the file you need. The one you downloaded is for the U-R2 standard (Deutsch Telecom/U-R2 for ADSL over ISDN) rather than the Annex A standard (ADSL over PSTN).

Tim
N/A

AR 11 settings

Thanks. It is now working.
N/A

AR 11 settings

No problem, glad that I could be of help.

Tim