Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOL up speeds for FREE

Gryzor
Grafter

AOL up speeds for FREE

An interesting bit of news reported on www.neowin.net

AOL users will be getting upgrades on there ADSL for free, how nice. So thats Telewest and AOL now......plusnet?
12 REPLIES
N/A

AOL Upgrade

I am totally with u mate on this free upgrade thats going about. Its time we had an upgrade or price reduction.

The 2MB connection on aol is currently the same price as the 1MB no limits service on plusnet.

Made me nearly cry when I saw the telewest 4MB connection Sad
Gryzor
Grafter

AOL up speeds for FREE

Well it looks like this doubling of speed is doing the rounds but only what I call advertised ISP's seem to be doing it. The quality ISP's ......Pipex,Demon,PlusNet,Mildram etc seem to be watching and waiting but it would be nice to see what they are thinking at the moment. Lets face it a lot of us are here because PlusNet is quality but we are looking.
N/A

AOL up speeds for FREE

I think there is a plan to upgrade all the connections in April to their maximum, but that will obviously depend on what your line would support.

As for AOL, would you want to have AOL as your ISP? :shock:
N/A

AOL up speeds for FREE

Wouldnt really want AOL, but if it was cheap.......
You dont have to use their bloatware now either

ukonline 2mb £29.99 = v tempting
N/A

AOL up speeds for FREE

Yep the bloatware has gone, it's a Plus for AOL
holdtight
Grafter

AOL up speeds for FREE

Who would want to move from plusnet to aol :?:

i saw the post about the plans in april sounds interesting and a bit more info
would be good
its ok upgrading all accounts to whatever line speed they will take but will this be a free upgrade ?
and what about the monthly payment will this have to be upped as well ?
when i see other isp`s now offering a 2meg account for the same monthly £29.99 that im paying for my 1meg it makes you think

apparently plusnet have said they wont match this price level, thats ok i still think im getting good value for my money
but a more realistic price level for the 2meg line would be good considering what others are now offering, i would be happy with that and upgrade even if it meant paying a bit more on top of the £29.99

im not going to move from +net ive been very happy with the service provided
since i joined , just have to see what happens in april
N/A

AOL up speeds for FREE

Although i'm very happy with plusnet and its services, i'm looking with great interest at the pricing options aol and other isp's are offering.

I think PN should look at increasing there lite packages with a more realistic data transfer limit to try and compete a little.
holdtight
Grafter

AOL up speeds for FREE

Yes i agree plusnet are going to have to find some way of competing with the figures that are flying about at the moment

if they dont im sure there will be many who jump ship as company loyalty isnt enough against saving money and getting a faster connection for most
N/A

AOL up speeds for FREE

Cost counts for a lot, but it's not everything. A good overall package with good reliability is worth paying a little but more for.
N/A

AOL up speeds for FREE

Again not disagreeing with the service and its worth the extra pennies but again some better pricing structures would be nice for both us (the consumer) and plusnet, to be beneficial for both parties.

I for one do not rape the bandwidth but do like the option to go that lil bit further when needed.

i think these prices are a step in the right direction.

Freedom2Surf
Connect Lite Up to 2Mbps 2GB £14.99
Connect Home Up to 2Mbps 10GB £19.99
Connect Plus Up to 2Mbps 50GB £24.99
Pure IP Power User 2Mbps No cap £46.98
N/A

AOL up speeds for FREE

I was with AOL for my first broadband connection, and was also part of a group that got AOL into the papers, for the wrong reasons on their part.

2 or 3 years ago (sorry lousy memory) around august time, their speeds for the 512 dropped, down to speeds less than dial up, this stayed for about 8 weeks, it was the same for everybody all over the country, but would AOL sort it would they heck!, firstly it was the consumers fault, then it was BT's fault etc etc. They were not interested at all in taking the blame for the problem.

ANYONE who goes with AOL is asking for trouble, their customer support is lousy, scriptfeed bull to be honest, the connection is unreliable and they genuninly dont care if you have a problem, friends that could afford it paid to jump ship (the remaining months fees etc) the rest of us were plain old fashioned stuck! we even started a forum called Aohell, mind you, still remain friends with those people today, so I suppose thats one good thing that came out of it!
holdtight
Grafter

AOL up speeds for FREE

Cost counts for a lot, but it's not everything. A good overall package with good reliability is worth paying a little but more for.

Couldnt agree more gadgetboy Cheesy

robynfali i know two people that use aol and it doesnt sound like much has changed in that time, problem after problem for them Cry