When crappy AOL are now doing there 1 MB service for £29.99
compared to plusnets £32.99
Why cant plusnet drop to keep up

here take a look at AOL's main page

http://www.aol.co.uk Sad
21 REPLIES
N/A

AOL offering 1 MB adsl for £29.99

I'd rather pay the little bit extra for a good service than pay less for a crappy service (your words, although they are) plus downloading large files if you no what I mean can be a little bit iffy with aol.
N/A

AOL Suck.
N/A

May as well jump on the bandwagon Tongue

N/A

:lol:
N/A

AOL really suck,

firstly they have serious dodgy download rates, secondly their setup means means a lot of on-line games will not work. Finally to connect you have to use their software which hogs resources.

Finally have you checked whether this connection is capped

Need I go on.....
N/A

Agree :lol:
N/A

I think i wud rather have a heart attack than go with aol lol
N/A

I wouldn't go that far :shock:

But I used to have an AOL dial up connection and it sucked big time :roll:
N/A

I detest there connections, however, I can't fault them on some of there features.

One of two people I deal with use there software over a PlusNet BB connection. Saves the hastle of downtime from one of the dialup or ADSL connections.
N/A

What software is that?
N/A

Aol itself.

You don't need to be using a AOL dialup or BB connection to connect to them. The software can be setup to connect to the over a TCP/IP connection.

This does mean the price of broadband with PlusNet, and a simple subscription with AOL as well. However, the amount of sites they use it from, means that the costs offset themselves.
N/A

Do you know why part of the AOL software they use? since the AOL software is a complete package, i.e. dialer, e-mail etc. Or it used to be.

I'm still very dubious since the AOL programs are resource happy can be a drain.
N/A

Erm, which part? There is only one AOL!

Yes, it is a all-in-one package, however, for years now (since 96/97 IIRC), you have been able to use your own dialup ISP, and connect to AOL via a TCP/IP link.

Not actualy sure if you understand what I mean.

AOL is not as bad regarding bloatware as it used to be, but it is still a royal pain in the "rear" to uninstall.
N/A

Hi,

I'm sorry for the confusion, I knew AOL was a complete program, however within the program you have e-mail etc.

I didn't know you could connect to AOL via a TCP/IP but maybe I'm being stupid but what has AOL got to offer that you would want to connect to?
When I had AOL I didn't use any of the services they provided, but we are talking 2-3 years ago.

You say you have to pay a subscription, do you know how much this is?