cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOL and Plus Net Broadband

greville
Grafter

AOL and Plus Net Broadband

I have recently signed up to +net broadband, and also have an AOL connection, which I now route through ISP/LAN Coonection, thus giving faster access speeds than through my 56k modem.
When I receive AOL e.mail when connected to AOL, any pictures that are included within the e.mail (mostly advertsing types of e.mail, and even AOL,s weekly newsletter) only show the picture placeholders, and not the pictures thenselves. If I connect to AOL through my 56k modem all is OK.
AOL cant seem to offer any light on this and indeed neither can +Net support, both saying that it is the others problem. Any help woould be appreciated
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: AOL and Plus Net Broadband

Since the pictures within the email are just embedded bits of HTML, it's plausible that AOL won't serve those images to machines that don't connect as their clients (ie. minimise external bandwidth for example). You'd have no way of telling though since that kind of thing would be implemented on their web servers.
N/A

RE: AOL and Plus Net Broadband

We use AOL via BTO and a +Net account.

From memory, when switching from DUN, to a ethernet DSL service, we had to re-install AOL.

While it wasn't due to the same issues, it may help your issue.