Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL2+ speed upgrade

duane_dibley
Dabbler

ADSL2+ speed upgrade

Hi,
When BT upgrade the exchange in May/June will I automatically get a speed increase (I'm currently on 1M) or do I have to apply to PlusNet? Will I need to buy a new ADSL router or does the upgrade only apply to the exchange equipment? :?
Thanks.
5 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL2+ speed upgrade

You wont need to buy yourself a new router. That will be done the other side in terms of upgrades. your router is perfectly capable of syncing at 2mb if its currently on 1 for instance.

In re to the speed upgrades. From what I've been reading, you should automatically get the speed upgrade on your line, so one morning on the stats page of your router it might show you being synced ad 1922 or something. In which case if your downloads are still only showing as 1mb download rate, drop a mail to +net who will apparently take off the throttle on your account giving you the 2mb.

This is all assuming your using the premier package i believe.

JP
duane_dibley
Dabbler

ADSL2+ speed upgrade

My service is "PlusNet Broadband Home Lite 1Mb". Does that mean I don't get a free upgrade? Sad

Thanks,

Jon
Community Veteran

ADSL2+ speed upgrade

Apparently all home products get the upgrade but PN may have changed thier mind on this.
N/A

ADSL2+ speed upgrade

Heya, bit of a quick question, what is ADSL2? :?
Community Veteran

ADSL2+ speed upgrade

As far as I know it is a faster variant of ADSL but is not available in the UK yet this is geared mainly towards traditional ADSL but may be of help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADSL2

Hope This Helps