cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL sux

N/A

ADSL sux

My friend who signed onto NTL cable at the same time as I signed onto ADSL has never once had a problem!

I guess the "marketing man" from NTL was right in saying to me that with Cable, the new fibre optic network is a lot faster and newer than the existing copper wire network thats been down in the ground for decades used for ADSL.

Talk about the pros and cons:
ADSL - modem & filters required, initial activation fee, re-activation fee if change to new ISP, re-activation fee if change to a new ADSL speed service option and finally cost more per month than cable.

Cable - use existing set-top box with a cheap length of CAT5 networking cable and start paying a £19.99 a month subscription direct to NTL, voila!

I regret all the initial hardware I purchased just to get ADSL setup as cable would have saved around £200 from the start. Cry
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL sux

after next year i will not be continuing my subs with ADSL cos this is another BT fk up, and i aint gonna continue with BT ever again...
N/A

ADSL in the UK sux. I had Demon DSL in Amsterdam and apart from 3 short outages over 1 year the service was consistantly fast and stable.

However Demon in NL don't use the dutch version of BT (KPN) - what a shame there is no non-BT ADSL ISP here.

Incidentally my friend in Barnes (S. London) was having no problems last night and he is with pipex. I am in North Kensington.

N/A

What you all seem to forget is that cable availability is still far lower than ADSL availability in mainland UK.

I'd like to see how the cable network compares to the BT (Ignite) network when loaded to an equivalent level. But we won't see that will we because cable has nowhere near as many subscribers as ADSL.

Cable may be 'fantastic' in many users eyes, but if you're not connected, or it's not available in your area, it's as much use as a wet piece of string.

ADSL may be 'not ideal' but I still find it infinitely better than PSTN dial-up, and I have a wide choice of providers [30+], whereas cable services are limited to 2.