cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL standard connection.Can send e-mails not receive them!

N/A

I can't get any e-mails on outlook express at all. I can send out and my neighbours all receive test messages.
I have posted a ticket to plusnet but just one reply from the agent asking if there is an error message - there is not - and since then (24 hrs plus) nada!
I've checked all the settings on the account. and here they are.

General = Name, boxes = username e-mail address;
servers =POP3, mail.plus.net, smtp= relay.plus.net
connection= box for always use... = empty
security= top 2 boxes greyed out, lowest one =3DES
advanced= outgoing mail 25, server requires... =blank, incoming mail =110
server requires...=blank. In fact all tick boxes on this page are blank.

I can ( as you will see) acess the internet with no trouble. What on earth can be wrongHuh
As I can't receive any mail you want to send me, please reply to a neighbour's e-mail ; geoff.22@btinternet.com
Graham
3 REPLIES
N/A

Hi

Welcome to the forums.

Just to clarify, where you have username above you show username email address.

All you need there is your Plus net username i.e penham.

For a full guide to configuring Outlook Express with your Plus net account see this tutorial.

Hope that helps.
N/A

Hi Graham,

Rec'd your email. Having followed the tutorial I note that you are still having problems.

Can you try your webmail account from the portal Link and make sure the emails you have been sent are there.

As you have no error messages it makes diagnosing your problem difficult.

I would have expected to see either an error message or a bounce. I take it that the people sending you mail are not receiving a bounce? As neither is happening the problem may lie in Outlook Express.

Have you another mail account you can configure for test purposes?

Finally and a daft question it may seem, but you have you email address set to name@username.plus.com? IE graham@username.plus.com
N/A

And make sure that if you've created more than one mailbox, you need to logon as username+mailbox ..

eg. if your username is penham and your mailbox is graham, you need to logon to mail.plus.net as penham+graham