cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL shut down.

Community Veteran

ADSL shut down.

Today I had an odd event happen with my ADSL connection.
I had just finished posting in the forums and then found that I could no longer access any pages.
I then noticed that the data sync light on my router had gone out. On lifting the telephone I also found that it too had gone dead.
My first thoughts were that BT must be working in the cabinet round the corner and I shot out to give them a roasting. But when I got there it was deserted?
Ok I thought time to get the test meter out and start checking the line where it comes in.
As I came back into the house a grey blur in the corner of my eye caught my attention and I was just in time to spot a rabbit legging it behind the sofa.
When I looked it seems that my daughter had let her pet rabbit have the run of the back garden but had left the door open. So it had hopped in and found the telephone cable very tasty.
I found that the incoming line had been chopped as neatly as if it had used a pair of side cutters.
Splicing the wires back together restored my ADSLand Phone.

So the moral of all this is don't let a rabbit anywhere near your phone cables. :? :?
5 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL shut down.

.. so did you enjoy your rabbit stew afterwards? :shock:
Community Veteran

ADSL shut down.

No I got told off by my daughter for swearing at the Bloody Rabbit Sad Sad
N/A

ADSL shut down.

Squirrels like dangling cables. Equally sharp teeth as well.
N/A

ADSL shut down.

I have seen squirrels chew washing lines.

There smart enough to get nuts, but not quick enough to jump off the line, before it smacks the post and knocks them out cold Smiley
N/A

ADSL shut down.

My Girlfriends Hamster used to bomb about the house in his exercise ball. He wasnt allowed in the downstairs bathroom cos he kept getting stuck behind the toilet lol.

Oh and her German Shepherd was scared to death of the hamster.