cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL set-up delay

N/A

ADSL set-up delay

So far I have waited four weeks for my ADSL account to be activated. Has anyone else suffered similar problems.

On 30/1/03 I set-up my account via the internet and recieved immediate confirmation of my home self-install (monthly contract).

On 11/2/03 I rang as I had been advised that my direct debit was starting from that day and was advised that the change request was only issued after the direct debit was established. I am convinced that the change request was only issued following my telephone call as I was told that it would now go to BT although the direct debit had allready been taken.

Rang again on 18/2/03 and was told all was in order and to perservere.

Issued e-mails and two tickets between 19/2/03 and 21/2/03 - no reply recieved.

Rang again 25/2/03 @ 6.00pm. Was told someone would call back in half an hour as there seemed to be a problem. No call back received.

Rang again 26/2/03 @ 11.20am to be told that BT had not recieved the change request, no explanation given for failure to call back the previous evening. Advised that it would be a further five days before activation would take place.

So far I am not impressed with the level of support provided as I ring to be told one thing only for it to be contradicted when I ring and speak to someone different.

Hopefully I am just suffering a series of exceptions to the Plusnet service. Or am I?
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: ADSL set-up delay

> So far I have waited four weeks for my ADSL account to be activated. Has anyone else suffered similar problems.
>
> On 30/1/03 I set-up my account via the internet and recieved immediate confirmation of my home self-install (monthly contract).
>
> On 11/2/03 I rang as I had been advised that my direct debit was starting from that day and was advised that the change request was only issued after the direct debit was established. I am convinced that the change request was only issued following my telephone call as I was told that it would now go to BT although the direct debit had allready been taken.
>

Hi,

Looking at your account, I can't see why the order wasn't submitted to BT sooner. This is an automated system and your order should have gone through as soon as your direct debit mandate cleared. I have asked the manager of the provisioning team for an explanation with regard to the delay here as I agree that the wait you have had was exceptionally long. While I understand that won't help you too much, it will mean that we can identify what went wrong and ensure it doesn't happen again.

I can also confirm that BT have you scheduled for a provisional install date of 04/03, however iof you already have hardware you may find that your line becomes active a day or two before then.

With Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support