cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL payment

N/A

ADSL payment

I was billed on 23.12.02 for my adsl connection (22.99), still hadnt recieved the modem though. Modem arrived on 30.12.02 . Thats a week of paying for the service allready and not using it.

Modem didnt work, had compatability problems with my pc, customer service couldnt work out what was wrong and had my line tested twice. Finally i decided to buy my own better modem and finally got connected yesturday (7.1.03) 2 weeks after initial payment.

I sent email to plusnet explaing that i wasnt prepared to pay for a service that i couldnt use. They sent back this:

Dear Customer,

I am afraid we can not alter your payment dates as we pay BT for the day your ADSL is live.

Regards,

Has anyone else had problems like this with payment, did u get anywhere?
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL payment

I had the same as the router was out of stock so I paid for a week of no service before I bought my own modem.
The other catch is if you had a paid dialup before adsl you can end up paying for the dialup and adsl in the first month.

Plus net should look at this a if anyone bothered to take it to court they would loose I feel sure.

> I was billed on 23.12.02 for my adsl connection (22.99), still hadnt recieved the modem though. Modem arrived on 30.12.02 . Thats a week of paying for the service allready and not using it.
>
> Modem didnt work, had compatability problems with my pc, customer service couldnt work out what was wrong and had my line tested twice. Finally i decided to buy my own better modem and finally got connected yesturday (7.1.03) 2 weeks after initial payment.
>
> I sent email to plusnet explaing that i wasnt prepared to pay for a service that i couldnt use. They sent back this:
>
> Dear Customer,
>
> I am afraid we can not alter your payment dates as we pay BT for the day your ADSL is live.
>
> Regards,
>
>
> Has anyone else had problems like this with payment, did u get anywhere?

N/A

The other thing was, becasue they had transferred my account over to adsl i couldnt use the free number i was using for plusnet for my connect lite account. I was told i had to connect using the 0845 number. i ended up getting an aol cd instead for a couple of months, but what a pain joining plusnet has become.

N/A

You guys should think yourselves lucky, I had connection on the 13th Dec 2002 but have had no ADSL service yet.
On the 7th Jan 2003 the BT man tested my line and it is okay, the Solwise router was at fault all along.
I would love to buy a netear DG814 in place of the Solwise BUT because it is over 7 days since I got it.I have to accept another one, no refunds after 7 days.
I think I have a justified case for a refund as it was a hardware fault not a BT fault and it traversed the christmas holidays.

So I predict best case senario I will have paid for 1 month of no ADSL usage!!!

Anthony

P.S. Anyone else have problems with the Solwise router?

> The other thing was, becasue they had transferred my account over to adsl i couldnt use the free number i was using for plusnet for my connect lite account. I was told i had to connect using the 0845 number. i ended up getting an aol cd instead for a couple of months, but what a pain joining plusnet has become.
>
>

N/A

Get this guys, apperently its my fault that the modem didnt work, i should have checked it before i purchased it. How am i supposed to know it wont work when plusnets technical advisors dont know themselves.

Ive had about enough of plusnet.

N/A

> Get this guys, apperently its my fault that the
> modem didnt work, i should have checked it before
> i purchased it. How am i supposed to know it
> wont work when plusnets technical advisors dont
> know themselves.

:bandit: They now know because the consumers have told them about these problems. :bandit:

Count myself lucky that I knew more about ADSL then they did when I signed up back in April'02. Against their advice, I went ahead and bought all the equipment before they gave me a "green light" and had the usual teething installation problems i.e. an incompatible Conexant modem I got from DabsValue. I soon bought the Alcatel one from dslsource supplied with filters and away we go, I had <1 week of "fiddling about time" with the connection when it went LIVE.