cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL not working for 5 days now

N/A

ADSL not working for 5 days now

I've been unable to connect to Plusnet for over 5 days now, ever since the big outage on Sunday morning. Everything working fine on Saturday, not changing anything on my equipment, can't connect on Sunday. ADSL modem shows the line working fine, but it can't authenticate with either Plusnet or the BT test account. Problem going backwards & forwards between Plusnet and BT. Meanwhile we're hearing on the support lines and on the service status page that there are authentication problems. Surely this can't be a difficult problem to fix. Is the BT equipment sending an authentication request out ? (almost certainly not, if I can't connect to the BT test account)
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL not working for 5 days now

> I've been unable to connect to Plusnet for over 5 days now,

Hi,

This may be totally unrelated but I was without ADSL for 3 weeks!

My router showed a connection but I could not authenticate with my own or any test account. BT said TWICE that their equipment was fine.

They sent an engineer to my home and his laptop/modem didn't work either, my home wiring was ok.

The exchange engineer eventually PULLED OUT AND RE-SEATED THE LINE CARD in the local BT exchange, it started to work straight away.

It is worth trying to get BT to do this ASAP, if they aren't willing to, then DEMAND A HOME VISIT, however you may be charged if it is your equipment at fault.

Hope this helps.

Ed.
N/A

> My router showed a connection but I could not authenticate with my own or any test account. BT said TWICE that their equipment was fine.
>
> They sent an engineer to my home and his laptop/modem didn't work either, my home wiring was ok.
>
> The exchange engineer eventually PULLED OUT AND RE-SEATED THE LINE CARD in the local BT exchange, it started to work straight away.
>
> It is worth trying to get BT to do this ASAP, if they aren't willing to, then DEMAND A HOME VISIT, however you may be charged if it is your equipment at fault.
>

Does this mean that the BT exchange is indeed aware of which lines have ADSL?

(Having real problems getting PlusNet to sort out activation.)

Thanks.
N/A

> My router showed a connection but I could not authenticate with my own or any test account. BT said TWICE that their equipment was fine.
>
> They sent an engineer to my home and his laptop/modem didn't work either, my home wiring was ok.
>
> The exchange engineer eventually PULLED OUT AND RE-SEATED THE LINE CARD in the local BT exchange, it started to work straight away.
>
> It is worth trying to get BT to do this ASAP, if they aren't willing to, then DEMAND A HOME VISIT, however you may be charged if it is your equipment at fault.
>

Does this mean that the BT exchange is indeed aware of which lines have ADSL?

(Having real problems getting PlusNet to sort out activation.)

Thanks.