cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL not running at full speed

N/A

I have just regraded to 2Mb Premiere. The router says the line is connected at 2Mb but the speed tests indicate otherwise.

I have done plusnet's speed test which was came around the 850k mark though it did get just over a meg at about 10pm. adslguide.org came out at around 600k at around 7pm The exchange checker has this:

BT is reporting that some of the virtual paths at this exchange are not operating within BT Wholesale's planning guidance, although they are still operating within the product specification.

At busy times, your ADSL connection may operate at a reduced speed, although not all customers on your exchange may be affected. You should only contact support if there is no current ETA date set.

The ETA fix time is: 30 Jun 05

Record last updated: 30 May 05

Would this be the cause of why my connection is not running at full speed? Or could it be something else as well?

Thanks
5 REPLIES
N/A

That is more than likely the cause of your problems.

In any case further diagnosis wil be difficult until this is resolved.
N/A

That's what I'm thinking. Almost raised a support ticket but I don't want to risk the admin charge while this issue at the exchange is unresolved.
N/A

You will only incur the admin fee, which is levied by BT, if any subsequent fault turns out to be with your equipment or local setup.

It is there more as an advisory and not meant, as such, to put people off.

In this case it might be as well waiting to see if the exchange issue gets cleared. This may, however, take some time as BT are not known for the speedy resolution of these issues.
N/A

I'll hold out for now and see. I did BT's speed test which put the line above the 400 mark as well. The other thing I can look at is this gateway issue that has popped up on this forum.
N/A

Did some more speed tests late last night and this morning and it's running at full pelt. Looks like it's that problem at the exchange.