cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL modems - where?

N/A

ADSL modems - where?

Does anyone know whether there are any high street shops selling ADSL modems, don't fancy the indefinite wait with mail-order.
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL modems - where?

You're better off getting your modem from mail order, unless you don't mind being ripped off by high street stores. My experience of high street stores like Dixons and PC World, is that the staff don't know anything about computers and the choice of products is limited.

I've just ordered a PCI ADSL modem (£50) from www.dabs.co.uk, I've ordered stuff from them before and it usually arrives 2 days after ordering.

> Does anyone know whether there are any high street shops selling ADSL modems, don't fancy the indefinite wait with mail-order.

N/A

RE: ADSL modems - where?

> You're better off getting your modem from mail order, unless you don't mind being ripped off by high street stores. My experience of high street stores like Dixons and PC World, is that the staff don't know anything about computers and the choice of products is limited.
>
> I've just ordered a PCI ADSL modem (£50) from www.dabs.co.uk, I've ordered stuff from them before and it usually arrives 2 days after ordering.
>
>
>
> > Does anyone know whether there are any high street shops selling ADSL modems, don't fancy the indefinite wait with mail-order.
>
>

I would advise NOT going with £50 modem from dabs if you are using Windows XP as it doesn't support it officially and in my case it didn't work properly.

I refunded it and got the Alcatel Self-Install kit with 2 filters from dslsource.co.uk for £67+vat instead which works like a dream, no problems whatsoever and future proofed for driver support unlike the dabs modem.