cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL modem settins

N/A

ADSL modem settins

Guys,

Being a cheap-skate ( Smiley ) I have bought a DABS ADSL Conexant modem. However I am slightly concerned as the driver software protocol type doesnt list the ones mentioned in the tech - support pages.

Has anyone used one of these modems succesfully ? (Please don't just say 'yes' - if you have tell me the settings !)

Many thanks in advance

Pat
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL modem settins

Hi Pat,

Snap, I have just done the same, e.g. cheap dabs modem, mine is the MegaSpeed ADSL PCI Modem.

Instead of selecting the LAN driver ( as the modem manual says ), I used the WAN driver and that has the RFC1577 protocol ( that Plus.net uses ). This seemed to work and I am now using ADSL ;-).

However I am having a problem when my sky box is plugged in. Any ideas anyone? I solved this so far by unplugging it. I have 1 splitter plugged in and my phone and Sky attached to that.

James

> Guys,
>
>
> Being a cheap-skate ( Smiley ) I have bought a DABS ADSL Conexant modem. However I am slightly concerned as the driver software protocol type doesnt list the ones mentioned in the tech - support pages.
>
> Has anyone used one of these modems succesfully ? (Please don't just say 'yes' - if you have tell me the settings !)
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Pat

N/A

I meant the RFC2364 protocol, Point to Point Protocol over ATM.
N/A

RE: ADSL modem settings

Same here, but what host name or IP address is required to use RFC2364?
Cheers
N/A

> I meant the RFC2364 protocol, Point to Point Protocol over ATM.
>

Thanks James!

Pat