cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL modem/routers

gpsmout
Grafter

ADSL modem/routers

As someone( hopefully) about to start with the extended reach service with ADSl 512 I'd be grateful if someone can recommend a list of ADSL Modems that might suit a small home network. I can have up to five machines on the network, mine, 2 kids, lap top and maybe one i'm fiddling with, so I have an 8 port hub, an AT 708FS ,

What are good, not too costly ADSL units to either hook straight into the hub, or to put in my main access box, so that I dont loose file & print sharing, as this seems to be an issue in various other peoples posts!

[Moderators note (by Thomas): CAPS removed from title - these are hard to read and considered shouting.]
7 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL modem/routers

You'll probably get as many different answers as you get replies, but my vote goes to the Westell 6100 ADSL router. You can see it at http://www.broadbandstore.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=115&osCsid=28ad15b0a597d21dcd23831f3f6d...
It's a single ethernet port product which will plug into your present hub, and it's a very small unit which stands on end, so it takes up little desk space.
I found it delightfully easy to set up - I only had to enter my PlusNet user name and password, with everything else already being pre-configured or auto-detected. It connected straight away and has been completely stable. A very nice product!

Eric
LiamM
Grafter

ADSL modem/routers

Netgear DG834 / DG834G (Wireless) always gets my vote...

Search on www.ebuyer.com for it. Prices not too bad.
N/A

ADSL modem/routers

you've opened a can of worms lol,

Netgear DG834 or the G version are very easy to use and are popular as home routers. A new DG834 will set you back about £60 from Amazon.
N/A

ADSL modem/routers

I've got a as new DG834 which I might be persuaded to part with Wink

Just replaced with a DG834G V2 Smiley
gpsmout
Grafter

ADSL modem/routers

djc53320661

what might persuade you to part with the modem?

gpsmout
N/A

ADSL modem/routers

£60 inc special delivery.

Can be contacted at:-

cs@djc53320661.plus.com

Cheers
graingerjjb
Grafter

ADSL modem/routers

Well as everyone else has said we all have our favourites.

I purchased a 'Linsys WAG54G' (Part of Cisco group)-wireless-G, ADSL Modem/Router,Firewall, DHCP all in one and its a FAB little unit see it at http://www.linksys.com/international/product.asp?coid=6&ipid=371

Simply computers (www.simply.co.uk) are selling it for around £80 and a free wireless PCMA card for a laptop.

Moderators note (John) URL tags fixed for you