cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL modem not synching

N/A

ADSL modem not synching

I've had ADSL for several months now and never had a single problem with it, that is up to today.

Since the outage last night my modem hasn't been able to synch. Using the USB hardware from +net (Dynamode modem) I get a flashing ADSL light and nothing else. When the USB cable is unplugged and then plugged in again, the right USB light flashes once and then the left ADSL and USB lights go on solid for about 5 seconds before going out. Then the ADSL light begins to flash as said above.

I have tried changed the microfilters to no success. Windows says that a network cable is unplugged. I can connect to dial-up on the same phone line.

There have also been problems with our main phone line, which was making modem noises earlier. Any idea what is causing the ADSL problems here?

I also have a ticket (7795479) but since I've been waiting for an answer on that for almost a day I thought I'd try here.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

ADSL modem not synching

Physically disconnect for minimum 30 mins ie pull the plug from the phone socket, not just close the connection in windows. This forces the card at your exchange to see you have disconnected, until it does you won't synch.

If that still doesnt help then phone PN to get BT out
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

ADSL modem not synching

cheers will try that
N/A

ADSL modem not synching

worked a treat, thanks.