cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL light ?

N/A

ADSL light ?

I have been waiting almost 3 weeks for my order to be completed, on Wednesday BT engineers came to my house and tested my line, it passed.

Plusnet Support have just replied with:

"We stil need to wait for BT to confirm the order is complete. That said if you already have your DSL modem you can plug it in and attempt to login, assuming it detects the ADSL signal this should trigger your account to be activated automatically within half an hour."

I have tried connecting but no luck, also the ADSL light on my Router (Linksys WAG54G) is not on so I am assuming BT have not yet completed my order? I have rebooted my router and PC but still no ADSL light and I can't connect.

So my questions are:

1) Can someone confirm that the ADSL light will come on when BT have done whatever they need to and that there is no point in trying to connect until then.
2) How long does it take for BT to switch you on after the BT engineers have passed your line?

Is there any chance BT will sort this on the weekend or is it looking like Monday at the earliest?

Thanks

Pete
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

ADSL light ?

When you see the ADSL sync lite come on and stay on then this means that BT have connected your line via the equipment in the exchange.
It does not mean however that all the work is complete on your installation as the route to your provider, in this case PlusNet still needs to be set up.
You will get an email to tell you that it is set up and giving you information about your login etc.
If you see the light on you could try loging on and if it is all through then it will auto connect after a few tries.

If its not all done by now thouigh I would expect it will be Monday before its all completed.
N/A

ADSL light ?

Thanks for the reply John, looks like I'll have to be patient then, I hope all is setup by this time next week. :roll:
Community Veteran

ADSL light ?

I had exactly the same with my instalation a few years ago. I actually saw the light flash on and off a few times before it went on solid as BT were doing the wiring in the exchange.
It was a couple more days though before I could finaly connect on ADSL. Sad

The wait was intolerable so you have my sympathy. The good news though is that once you have used it you will never want to go back to dial up :lol:
N/A

ADSL light ?

Hi John,

I'm now active, BT activated me this morning and this is super fast. I had a small problem to begin with I set my router firewall to block cookies, java e.t.c and some sites wouldn't load, so I have relaxed those settings and all is well Smiley

I am very happy!

Pete
Community Veteran

ADSL light ?

Excellent news
Enjoy the rapid always on surfing Cheesy
N/A

ADSL light ?

I certainly am, I booted up my iBook and that instantly recognised the ADSL so I can surf on that to at high speed without cables trailing. I am pleased I got a wireless network, no cables trailing around the house Smiley