cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL is just great!

N/A

ADSL is just great!

I noticed that most of the messages here are with regards to problems.

We set up an ADSL router the SAR703 from www.solwise.co.uk (I don't mind giving them a free plug, cos their service was excellent), I then went on hands and knees and "networked" most of the house(ie. almost as easy as wiring phone extensions..yawn..) plugged in a "switching hub" - AND HEY PRESTO - The whole ADSL lark works like a treat from plusnet!!

We get excellent connection speeds, regularily listen to internet radio stations, and the customer care from PlusNet is really very good.

The last time I rebooted my ADSL modem was probably a month ago - and that was because I was trying something daft.

Broadband has changed the ways we do things for good - and I'm one happy customer!!!
2 REPLIES
greycat

RE: ADSL is just great!

> I noticed that most of the messages here are with regards to problems.
>
> We set up an ADSL router the SAR703 from www.solwise.co.uk (I don't mind giving them a free plug, cos their service was excellent), I then went on hands and knees and "networked" most of the house(ie. almost as easy as wiring phone extensions..yawn..) plugged in a "switching hub" - AND HEY PRESTO - The whole ADSL lark works like a treat from plusnet!!
>
> We get excellent connection speeds, regularily listen to internet radio stations, and the customer care from PlusNet is really very good.
>
> The last time I rebooted my ADSL modem was probably a month ago - and that was because I was trying something daft.
>
> Broadband has changed the ways we do things for good - and I'm one happy customer!!!

Same here... SAR 703. Only problem we had was that I kept trying to input the wrong username... DOH!
We were already networked but mine was the only pc in the house with internet access... it's so nice not to have to fight my husband & daughter to get online anymore!
N/A

RE: ADSL is just great!

> I noticed that most of the messages here are with regards to problems.
>
> We set up an ADSL router the SAR703 from www.solwise.co.uk (I don't mind giving them a free plug, cos their service was excellent), I then went on hands and knees and "networked" most of the house(ie. almost as easy as wiring phone extensions..yawn..) plugged in a "switching hub" - AND HEY PRESTO - The whole ADSL lark works like a treat from plusnet!!
>
> We get excellent connection speeds, regularily listen to internet radio stations, and the customer care from PlusNet is really very good.
>
> The last time I rebooted my ADSL modem was probably a month ago - and that was because I was trying something daft.
>
> Broadband has changed the ways we do things for good - and I'm one happy customer!!!

What made you go for the 703? I would have thought you would have spent the extra 50 quid and gone for the next one up with a built in firewall?

I do agree, (to a point), that their customer service is good, but dont you feel that they sometimes are really understaffed? Also I have found a couple of times that they hit me with the line "We cant give support on XX hardware". I understand that they cant be expected to know ins and outs of every piece of hardware, but I dont think they could get away with "Sorry, we cant give support with Windoze 95/98/2000/Me/XP", so why cant they support hardware queries as well?

I would still certainly recommend them to anyone though - cheaper than most other ISP's and they include other great services at no extra cost. Smiley

On the whole.. well done plusnet Smiley