cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL install error

N/A

ADSL install error

I recently ordered ADSL from plusnet. the other week the engineer came round to the whoosh test, and he said it SHOULD be ok, but either way, I would be connected by the week after.
Anyway, Plusnet said the line loss was too much, but i am a little confused as the engineer said it should be fine. Has something gone wrong? Is there any way of checking to see if my phone line has been adsl activated by bt, as i suspect plusnet may have been given wrong info by bt (or the bt engineer fobbed me off!?)
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL install error

> I recently ordered ADSL from plusnet. the other week the engineer came round to the whoosh test,

Funkymonkey,
The simplest way to find out if your line has been adsl activated or not is to call BT on 150 and follow the prompts.
If as I’m sure you will (judging by your mail) find your line is asdl enabled, consider the following.

First off there’s no simple one of explanation for your reported line reported degradation....
But with a small amount of research by yourself,
Their should emerge both a simple reason and
Hopefully a positive solution,
Which will then enable you with asdl.
So to the research
1. You did not mention the connection speed that you
Requested, so therefore consider the following limitations:-
You must be at a maximum of 5.5km for 512k connections,
And 3.5km for the 1024k and 2048k connections.
2. In order to activate ADSL your telephone line needs to be connected to ADSL equipment at the exchange.
This, as I’m sure you are aware, is carried out by a BT engineer, hence the +net activation fee.
2 a. But even thought your line will now have been asdl enabled it doesn’t guarantee asdl line quality!!!!.
And therefore +net will have to reject you because of the poor line quality.
3. Thier are many reasons for poor line quality after asdl activation, but by far, the most common cause arises from the unseen use of
Our newly enabled asdl lines, by an unfiltered analogue DACS system.
But the poor old BT engineer will be totally ignorant to any DAC systems that maybe active on our lines,
And will almost always assure us that our asdl is enabled and up for it!!!
3. A Ring BT and ask them if you have any DACS on your line, if you do, and no longer need it, contact the DAC sp
And get them to disconnect the service (I have never used DACS, therefore do not know if the DAC sp's can filter from their end,
And so retain the service they provide).hopefully someone will lend further advice via this forum.
Kindest regards from me..

N/A

RE: ADSL install error

Thanks for the info mate, when I'm back home I will make some enquiries. Someone also said to get the line gain turned down (which is something I have ha enabled in the past to improve dodgy dial-up speeds)
I'm wondering if PlusNet has blocked the application from their end? They're very quiet on this one Smiley if there's a line card on the other end of my phone line then maybe I should take my money elsewhere! :rollsmile: