cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL incompatible rented products

N/A

Just signed up for adsl but bt says I have "Incompatible Rented Products " on my line but the only I have is a things I have are a telephone and a modem want should I do now.( Also telephone exchange is 20 yrds away.)
5 REPLIES
N/A

Does you line have a public Payphone attached?

Are you on a light user scheme?

I sugest phoning BT Customer Services, and find out exactly what account type you are on, and what product you have.
N/A

No payphone or light user scheme but I do with hold my number does that matter?

I will phone BT cs again
N/A

Apparantly I have adsl on my line already from Tiscali but I never signed up with them and I'm not paying anyone for it so how do I get it over to Plusnet?
N/A

Sounds like it could be an issue with Tiscali themselves (who are known for, shall we say, breaking everything they touch), or somebody giving the wrong phone number and Tiscali accepting it anyway.

My advice is to raise a ticket to PlusNet, noting that your order with PlusNet failed, and according to BT, there is a active subscription with Tiscali, that you never ordered.

They should be able to liase with the correct departments at BT Wholesale to get further information and possibly solve the issue. BE warned though, it could be a long winded issue
N/A

I had the same problem when i first joined PlusNet year and half ago. Was told there was something on my line so I called BT and they said there was nothing on it. Order tried again and failed again. Had to have manual order and it finally worked.