cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL - good 'ere init!!!

N/A

ADSL - good 'ere init!!!

:cheese: What can I say, can't fault the service from PlusNet so far. Line was activated in about 1 week, ordered hardware from Dabs but 2 weeks later it still hadn't arrived Angry so I cancelled that order and re-ordered from Scan.co.uk midday last Friday, the order was despatched by 3pm and in my local City Link depot on the Saturday morning.
So I now have an internal (PCI) ADSL modem which was an absolute doddle to install, got it running in both XP & Win98 (dual-boot) in about 15 - 20 minutes. If anyone is put off by having to take the cover off their PC - DON'T BE!!! It is the cheapest option and it is simple. I now have a connection registering 576 kbps and it hasn't dropped the line while I have been using it
1 REPLY
Community Veteran

RE: ADSL - good 'ere init!!!

> :cheese: What can I say, can't fault the service from PlusNet so far. Line was activated in about 1 week, ordered hardware from Dabs but 2 weeks later it still hadn't arrived Angry so I cancelled that order and re-ordered from Scan.co.uk midday last Friday, the order was despatched by 3pm and in my local City Link depot on the Saturday morning.
> So I now have an internal (PCI) ADSL modem which was an absolute doddle to install, got it running in both XP & Win98 (dual-boot) in about 15 - 20 minutes. If anyone is put off by having to take the cover off their PC - DON'T BE!!! It is the cheapest option and it is simple. I now have a connection registering 576 kbps and it hasn't dropped the line while I have been using it

It's great when it works, isn't it!

It's also a source of immense frustration when it just stops and there is no overt reason why it should.
[i]It's the PlusNet Way[/i]