cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL connection problem

N/A

ADSL connection problem

I have written the following to PlusNet.
After reading it,if anybody has any idea, please help.

"Complaint!
Since 20/01/03 when you informed me that my ADSL is activated and you started to debit my card for the monthly fee for ADSL account, I have never succeeded in establishing the connection but one short time.
You informed me later that a manual CRF was sent to BT (which I don't quite understand)and after about a week you said that the activation is now OK.
The next day, and only that day, when I tried to connect to ADSL, I saw the message "Line established". However, when I put in my ID and passward, I got the 629 error message.
After that and before, the message was always "Line down". It still is.
What is the problem? I did everything that is required or recommended. Nothing is wrong.
I strongly suspect that the ADSL activation is not well arranged. Because at one time, it said "Line established". I saw it clearly.
But never after.
Please see to it and contact BT again to confirm the ADSL activation.
I never received any written confirmation from you or BT of the ADSL activation on my telephone line. I think it is not the right way of doing business.
I request a written confirmation of the ADSL activation on my line in this situation.
Otherwise, I will find out what I can do to correct the problem."
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL connection problem

Hi there

Problem for Plus net or any other ADSL supplier, need to go throu BT. BT attitude to say the least dismal. If BT have said there is no problem, then in most cases problem lies with customer hardware etc..

But, sometimes, BT have made a total utter cock-up - will they say that - no.

Thus :-

Suggestions:-
1.Book a ticket (ie a problem) with customer services - see it on website.
2.Double check your cables etc..
3.If plus net has no solution, BT is at fault, complain to OFTEL.

Best of luck.

> I have written the following to PlusNet.
> After reading it,if anybody has any idea, please help.
>
> "Complaint!
> Since 20/01/03 when you informed me that my ADSL is activated and you started to debit my card for the monthly fee for ADSL account, I have never succeeded in establishing the connection but one short time.
> You informed me later that a manual CRF was sent to BT (which I don't quite understand)and after about a week you said that the activation is now OK.
> The next day, and only that day, when I tried to connect to ADSL, I saw the message "Line established". However, when I put in my ID and passward, I got the 629 error message.
> After that and before, the message was always "Line down". It still is.
> What is the problem? I did everything that is required or recommended. Nothing is wrong.
> I strongly suspect that the ADSL activation is not well arranged. Because at one time, it said "Line established". I saw it clearly.
> But never after.
> Please see to it and contact BT again to confirm the ADSL activation.
> I never received any written confirmation from you or BT of the ADSL activation on my telephone line. I think it is not the right way of doing business.
> I request a written confirmation of the ADSL activation on my line in this situation.
> Otherwise, I will find out what I can do to correct the problem."

elton
Grafter

My experience is different. My adsl had performed flawlessly for 10 months, until it went down last week. I raised a ticket with PN, and two days later a BT engineer phoned to say he'd found a faulty card at the exchange, replaced it, and this should fix my problem. Which it did.
I am very happy with the service I've received both from PN and BT. I'd agree with BT if they say that in most cases, the fault lies with the customers equipment. You've only got to look at the kind of questions raised on the adsl forums, to see that many, many users haven't got the foggiest idea what they're up to. They buy the wires-only service to save a few quid, then blame the supplier when they can't configure their own equipment.

> Hi there
>
> Problem for Plus net or any other ADSL supplier, need to go throu BT. BT attitude to say the least dismal. If BT have said there is no problem, then in most cases problem lies with customer hardware etc..

--
Skonko!
N/A

> I have written the following to PlusNet.
> After reading it,if anybody has any idea, please help.
>
> "Complaint!
> Since 20/01/03 when you informed me that my ADSL is activated and you started to debit my card for the monthly fee for ADSL account, I have never succeeded in establishing the connection but one short time.
> You informed me later that a manual CRF was sent to BT (which I don't quite understand)and after about a week you said that the activation is now OK.
> The next day, and only that day, when I tried to connect to ADSL, I saw the message "Line established". However, when I put in my ID and passward, I got the 629 error message.
> After that and before, the message was always "Line down". It still is.
> What is the problem? I did everything that is required or recommended. Nothing is wrong.
> I strongly suspect that the ADSL activation is not well arranged. Because at one time, it said "Line established". I saw it clearly.
> But never after.
> Please see to it and contact BT again to confirm the ADSL activation.
> I never received any written confirmation from you or BT of the ADSL activation on my telephone line. I think it is not the right way of doing business.
> I request a written confirmation of the ADSL activation on my line in this situation.
> Otherwise, I will find out what I can do to correct the problem."

It might be the operating system in conjunction with the ADSL drivers. A few weeks back, I was installing my girlfriends father's ADSL modem+drivers on a Win98 system. It would never establish an ADSL connection for some reason.

To solve the problem, We simply disconnected the connection (via software) and reconnected again (btw the modem is a conexant adslrunner type) and voila, it connected!

N/A

> My experience is different. My adsl had performed flawlessly for 10 months, until it went down last week. I raised a ticket with PN, and two days later a BT engineer phoned to say he'd found a faulty card at the exchange, replaced it, and this should fix my problem. Which it did.
> I am very happy with the service I've received both from PN and BT. I'd agree with BT if they say that in most cases, the fault lies with the customers equipment. You've only got to look at the kind of questions raised on the adsl forums, to see that many, many users haven't got the foggiest idea what they're up to. They buy the wires-only service to save a few quid, then blame the supplier when they can't configure their own equipment.

>

i would have to agree, my service from plus net has been great, i had one day where i had slow download speeds but thats all, after i found out plus net where doing work on the network, so i cant complain with my service.

i have recomeded plus net too all my friends and 4 of them will be joining soon.

keep up the good work plus net