cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL connection gone (Wednesday am)

beskar
Grafter

ADSL connection gone (Wednesday am)

Hi - apparently there have been some problems with the ADSL system (maybe since yesterday's work?) so if like me you suddenly find that not all of those little green lights on the router light up and you can't connect...

... don't bother spending half an hour fiddling with network settings etc., like I did before reading the PlusNet service status!!

6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: ADSL connection gone (Wednesday am)

> Hi - apparently there have been some problems with the ADSL system (maybe since yesterday's work?) so if like me you suddenly find that not all of those little green lights on the router light up and you can't connect...
>
> ... don't bother spending half an hour fiddling with network settings etc., like I did before reading the PlusNet service status!!
>
>

Yup Mine's gone as well??

--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

seems to be back now!!

> > Hi - apparently there have been some problems with the ADSL system (maybe since yesterday's work?) so if like me you suddenly find that not all of those little green lights on the router light up and you can't connect...
> >
> > ... don't bother spending half an hour fiddling with network settings etc., like I did before reading the PlusNet service status!!
> >
> >
>
> Yup Mine's gone as well??
>
>
>
> --
> Regards
> John
> http://www.hmrg.co.uk

beskar
Grafter

> seems to be back now!!
>
me too. Oh well, at least PlusNet are honest enough to forewarn...
... other ISP's I've dealt with make out it is ALL IN YOUR MIND and have Service Status pages permanently fixed on 'Everything is Fine'

N/A

> > seems to be back now!!
> >
> me too. Oh well, at least PlusNet are honest enough to forewarn...
> ... other ISP's I've dealt with make out it is ALL IN YOUR MIND and have Service Status pages permanently fixed on 'Everything is Fine'
>
>

Yup i agree with that, PlusNet are great!.

I don't mind the odd ADSL loss cause at end of the day, i know i have the best services and ISP for my money!.

I'm still on dial-up, i see here you said ADSL is working again, so i'll just switch over modems now Smiley

J.
==
--
N/A

Stiil won't connect. Also I've noticed that my static IP is not so static, this is just what I need.
N/A

> Stiil won't connect. Also I've noticed that my static IP is not so static, this is just what I need.

Hi Adam,

You should be getting a static IP each time you connect - please can you raise a ticket with the IPs you have been getting (and detailed symptoms of your lack of connection), then we will investigate this further for you.

Kind Regards,

Richard

--
| Richard Allen Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----