Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL connection and Homegateway Routers

the_norris
Grafter

Hi

I did read some where you get work out with router/ 'fat pipe' that your ADSL connection connect through, but doing a traceroute the the first PlusNet hop would be the homegateway router. So you know if you use one of the Redback or the Jupiter kit.

Could someone post a list?

Thanks

Phil
3 REPLIES
N/A

I asked this a short while ago and got this reply which does work OK.

Indeed, at this time, anybody using the @plus.net login realm is not going through the 622 pipe or ERX. Only those with @plusdsl.net stand a chance of being placed on the ERX.

For those on @plusdsl.net, look at the output from a trace route.

Look at the first hop in the PlusNet network (will be the first with a .plus.net address). If it has PTH in the address, you are on one of the two redbacks that reside in Telehouse East (iirc), if it has PTN, then you are connected to the ERX in Telehouse North.
N/A

The above method will only tell yu if you are on the ERX/622 pipe, or Redback 1/2 using the 155Mb fat pipe.

There is a number next to PTH indicating which Redback you are on.

This method however, will only show you which unit you are on and not which pipe.

Each redback has (iirc) 5 pipes to each. There is no way to tell between which one is in use.
the_norris
Grafter

Thanks to you both for the info,

That was the info I was looking for. Was only interested in he Homegateway routers not which 'fat pipe'.

Phil