cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL connection Speed

N/A

ADSL connection Speed

Hi Guys and gals,

iam New to ADSL, what kind of Connection speed are you People getting,

I live next door to a BT exchange,
;-)(well about 100 meters away),
Ive tryed a test and iam getting,

441 kbps (down)
369 kbps (up)

www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp

Is that any good, ..??
any tweeks to make it faster,

Thanks for reading it
IBY
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL connection Speed

> Hi Guys and gals,
>
> iam New to ADSL, what kind of Connection speed are you People getting,
>
> I live next door to a BT exchange,
> ;-)(well about 100 meters away),
> Ive tryed a test and iam getting,
>
> 441 kbps (down)
> 369 kbps (up)
>
> www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp
>
> Is that any good, ..??
> any tweeks to make it faster,
>
> Thanks for reading it
> IBY
>

Thats about the same as I am getting m8. Sounds fine. What modem are you using?
N/A

RE: ADSL connection Speed

> > Hi Guys and gals,
> >
> > iam New to ADSL, what kind of Connection speed are you People getting,
> >
> > I live next door to a BT exchange,
> > ;-)(well about 100 meters away),
> > Ive tryed a test and iam getting,
> >
> > 441 kbps (down)
> > 369 kbps (up)
> >
> > www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp
> >
> > Is that any good, ..??
> > any tweeks to make it faster,
> >
> > Thanks for reading it
> > IBY
> >
>
> Thats about the same as I am getting m8. Sounds fine. What modem are you using?
>

Iam using SpeedStream USB DSL 4060,
I got it for £20, off a friend, is that modem any
good,

N/A

RE: ADSL connection Speed

> Iam using SpeedStream USB DSL 4060,
> I got it for £20, off a friend, is that modem any
> good,
>
>

For that price, not a complaint :cheese:

I payed £45 for a conexant pci modem, and touch wood, no problems.
N/A

RE: ADSL connection Speed

> > Iam using SpeedStream USB DSL 4060,
> > I got it for £20, off a friend, is that modem any
> > good,
> >
> >
>
> For that price, not a complaint :cheese:
>
> I payed £45 for a conexant pci modem, and touch wood, no problems.

Hi,
For tweaking as opposed to connection speed checks, try http://www.dslreports.com/tweaks. The site includes a test and tweaking remedies if your PC's setup isn't making the most of your available connection speed. Got a noticeable imrovement with mine (also on a PCI modem). Smiley