cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL buggered again !!!!!!!

N/A

ADSL buggered again !!!!!!!

Shame,

I thought PlusNet would save yet another ADSL balls up for the new year, thus ensuring that we wouldn't suffer under any illusions that we were going to get a better service in the new year............

Guess there's still time for that though?

5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL buggered again !!!!!!!

Dean Dodd posted this in another thread...

---------------------------------------------

This fixed it for me anyway!
It appears that Plusnet's DNS Server's are not resolving certain web sites add these 2 ip's to your DNS servers and you'll be back surfing straight away!
If you dont know how to add these then you could also set your web browser to use a open proxy server one I have foudn to be working is
edtn001604.hs.telusplanet.net on port 80
Hope this helps and Please Plusnet add a Proxy Server to your list of services..!
N/A

thanks.

sorted!!
N/A

Hmm, what if I am running a network?? I'm a little loathed to change the settings on the machines every time the service goes ***** up Smiley
The service has been flaky since Santa came down my chimney and I'm getting a little narked that it keeps dropping.

Do the business customers take this likelyHuh I wonder Smiley

Cheers
PB

> thanks.
>
> sorted!!

N/A

You only need to change the DNS settings on the machine that connects to the internet (if you're using a PC as the gateway), so just change the DNS details on the connection to the net, not the local network. However, it you're using a hardware router, you're buggered - you'll have to change the DNS on every machine.

> Hmm, what if I am running a network?? I'm a little loathed to change the settings on the machines every time the service goes ***** up Smiley
> The service has been flaky since Santa came down my chimney and I'm getting a little narked that it keeps dropping.
>
> Do the business customers take this likelyHuh I wonder Smiley
>
> Cheers
> PB
>
>
>
> > thanks.
> >
> > sorted!!
>
>

N/A

> However, it you're using a hardware router, you're buggered - you'll have to change the DNS on every machine.

... or update DHCP (hope you're using that) so the additional address's are provided automaticaly to each client.