cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL and Support Problems.

N/A

ADSL and Support Problems.

I thought others might want to see the ticket I have just opened with customer support.
-----------------------------------------------
Can you tell me what is the latest on the ADSL problem?

I have checked my speed at DSLREPORTS.COM it reports 78kbs down 73kbs up.

I have read all the current status reports on your web site

I have been very patient up until now, but have just about had enough. The state of the service is now unacceptable.

I work as a network analyst and know what a pain BT can be, but I have a contact with Plusnet, and it is your responsibility to maintain the service.

I posted a message in the ADSL forum as follows on 25 July quoting the status report about connectivity.

-----------------------------------------
"We can also confirm that we have full contingency measures in place should our current investigations with BT fail to deliver a rapid resolution to the current HomeGateway issue."

Can you let us know your definition of "Rapid" ?

How long before you action the "full contingency measures"

I'm not complaining, (ok I am a bit),but it would be nice to know when we will be able to use the service properly again.

Many thanks.
------------------------------------------

This received no reply.

I have just had a long conversation with someone from customer support.

I asked for an update on the current problems with ADSL. He was unable to give me any other information than that in the status pages.

I asked if there was anyone working at the moment on the plan to move customers to the new 32 meg backbone as reported at on the status pages. The answer was that there was only one network person on duty on a Sunday night, and he did not know what he was working on. I asked if the ADSL problem was being worked on 9 to 5 5 days a week or if it is being worked on round the clock. Again he did not know the answer.

I explained that I had posted the above message in the ADSL forum, but had not had a reply. He was unable to find it my message. I asked again if Plusnet had "full contingency measures" what were they, when would they be implemented, and why they had not been implemented by now.

He said he only new of the 56k dial up line as a back-up, and did not know about any contingency plan, even asking colleges around him. He said he guessed that it was the bringing forward of the new pipe to be installed.

I pointed out that the contingency plan was mentioned on the status pages, but he was unable to find it, and said he did not know anything more about it.

I asked if I could talk to anyone at Plusnet about what I thought of the service to give them some valuable feedback on what a customer thinks of the service. I was told that they are not allowed to give out numbers to talk to anyone other than customer support.

I asked if Plusnet was a public company, and was told that they have a listing on the Nasdaq. So it seems if I want to talk to anyone at Plusnet I will have to track them down via a search of the company on the Nazdaq.

I was told that I would have to put this all down in writing on this system in order to have my voice heard. Very nice that I as a customer have to not only spend 10 minutes waiting on the phone, but that i then have to spend another half an hour writing this. Hey, I've nothing better to do have I?

It is not made any easier by the fact that the service is almost unusable at the moment to post this message.

The bottom line is that he was unable to give me any further info on the current problems and didn't know when anything would be resolved

I said I was looking for a reason for staying with Plusnet. I have paid for 18 months in advance and was thinking of asking for a refund and to go somewhere else. I asked if he could give me any reason to stay. He was unable to give any reason and said there was nothing he could do.

I am not unhappy with the chap on the phone, I am unhappy with the service. I do think he needs to be more informed than he was as to what is going on, cos I certainly don't. He said he would raise tickets for me about the problem I was experiencing.

I note that the Plusnet web site is very much geared to customer service, when you set such high expectations it is only to be expected that customers will feel let down when you are unable to meet those expectations. Looking at the ADSL forum there are quite a few unhappy customers. I bet there are a lot of others who have not posted, who are very unhappy too.

It takes hard work to build up a good reputation, and to get customers to sign up to Plusnet. It is a shame that you will all to easily lose both if things are not improved ASAP, and a better contingency plan in place for when such problems happen in the future.

People will vote with there feet and with such a poor system to give customer feedback, you will not even be aware of why many have left you.

I do understand that providing effective support costs money and you have to strike a balance in order to make a profit. Only you know what your churn rate is and whether you can continue as you are.

I hope you appreciate the time I have taken to write this, as I’m sure many would not make the effort.

It's up to you, do you want to keep customers like me or are you doing well enough to carry on as you are?

You have my mobile number if someone in a management position wishes to contact me.

A very unhappy customer.
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL and Support Problems.

I just checked to see what the tickets that the chap on the phone said he would open for me.

They have both been closed without any comment whatsoever.

It beggers belief !
N/A

No it doesn't beggar belief, read some of my posts from earlier threads!

I whole heartedly agree with your comments and appreciate the time you have spent voicing customer concerns on behalf of all of us!

John
N/A

Thx John for your comments and I have seen your other posts.

Here is the reply to my ticket from "Customer Support" ?, over 9 hours later.
---------------------------------------------------
Dear Customer,

At the current time, we have a few issues affecting some customers with regards to ADSL. The latest information with regards to this is as is stated on the service status through the web site.

I am sorry you feel the way you do with regards to these issues, but ask you to bare with us whilst a full fix in put in place. We can however pass a fault through for you on an individual basis.

Our networking team are currently working very hard, both on our own network, and with BT to get the issues solved. Our backup plans include the provision of using the 0845 backup number, making use of the older 32megabit pipe, and also bring forward the installation date the new 155m pipe.

Thank you for raising this issue via ‘Contact Us’ on our system. Your issues are been investigated, and we hope you will bare with us.

Please also fill in the attached fault report form.

Regards,

Support.

Report Form:
HAVE YOU CONSULTED YOUR MANUAL AND INSTALLED THE CORRECT DRIVERS FOR THIS =
MODEM/CONNECTION TYPE (most likely to need WAN drivers instead of LAN drivers)? =
DOES YOUR MODEM REQUIRE A SPLITTER (CONSULT THE MANUAL)? =
ARE THE LIGHTS ON THE MODEM/ROUTER SOLID or FLASHING ? =
WHICH LIGHT(s) IS FLASHING ? =
Has the connection been tried with only the modem plugged into the main =
SOCKET AND ALL OTHER PHONES ON THE SAME CIRCUIT/LINE UNPLUGGED ? =
HAS MORE THAN ONE SPLITTER BEEN TRIED ?
IS THE MODEM/ROUTER ON TOP/NEAR TO A WARM SOURCE
IS THE MODEM/ROUTER HOTTER THAN NORMAL ITSELF ?
HAS THE CABLING BEEN CHECKED AT ALL POINTS BETWEEN THE MACHINE AND WALL SOCKET yes
WHAT IS THE FAULT ? =
HOW IS YOUR EQUIPMENT CONNECTED? = ( Please state whether via USB or ETHERNET ) =
MAKE & MODEL OF YOUR EQUIPMENT? =
IS YOUR FIREWALL DISABLED ? =
HAS THE SERVICE EVER WORKED? YES/NO =
IS THE TELEPHONE OK? (can the end user use the adsl telephone line for calls? is it all ok) =
IS THE TELEPHONE LINE NOISY ? =
CAN END USER LOGIN TO HIS OWN ID (CONNECT TO SERVICE PROVIDER) =
CAN END USER LOGIN TO bt_test@startup_domain / NO PASSWORD ? =
CAN END USER LOGIN TO bt_test_user@plus.net / PASSWORD test ? =
PWR IS ON FOR TESTING: (Has the end user left power on for the duration of the fault) =
DETAILS OF CASE =
---------------------------------------------------

Well I don't know what you think about this response but I know I do!

I will give them a few more days and then I will be seeking a full refund of my 18 month subcription and will be going elsewhere.

Good luck to all.
N/A

Whenever I have been able to get through to someone on the phone I have been impressed with the service. But usually it TAKES TOO LONG TO GET THROUGH. They need more staff. NOW.

Last night I waited for ages to not get through to someone while ADSL was screwed - this time however I was at least able to access the portal and see no updates on the LIVE monitoring.

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DEAL WITH HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE OVER THE PHONE WHEN SERVICE IS DOWN then just put a meesage on the hold queue announcment informing us of the details. UPDATE THE DAMN STATUS PAGES MORE OFTEN.

DO YOUR DAMN JOB.