cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL and ICS on WinXP...

N/A

ADSL and ICS on WinXP...

Anyone else trying this? Have found that I can't get a continuous downstream with ICS turned on, comes in bursts of about 1.5 seconds, then 0 b/s, then normal again, and never reaches the peaks that I get when I turn ICS off.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Jim
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL and ICS on WinXP...

I would reccomend you go and get yourself a copy of Winroute and disable ICS, Let Winroute handle your connection sharing and firewall its incredibly secure and fast.

I initially used ICS under Win2k and was dissapointed that a lot of firewalls have to have their security turned down to support ICS wich i was not happy with.

Winroute provides top notch security and internet sharing and is easy to setup.

Ali
N/A

> I would reccomend you go and get yourself a copy of Winroute and disable ICS, Let Winroute handle your connection sharing and firewall its incredibly secure and fast.
>
> I initially used ICS under Win2k and was dissapointed that a lot of firewalls have to have their security turned down to support ICS wich i was not happy with.
>
> Winroute provides top notch security and internet sharing and is easy to setup.
>
> Ali
>

More info on Win xp ICS can be found at www.practicallynetworked.com

But yes I to have experienced a bursty connection and will try winroute as I have a copy Ill let you know how it goes !!!!
N/A

This is a reminder that you absolutely must disable Windows ICS on your machine before installing Winroute, its all in the Winroute Installation FAQ i believe.

Ali