cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL and Dialup Networking

N/A

ADSL and Dialup Networking

Both Clare and I are experiencing a delay of around 65+ secs to get online to check our emails ect..(I tried XP and know I can connect quicker...about 10 secs) Is it possible to get around using the Windows ME way of using Dialup Networking....surely were not the only ones with this problem.......?
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL and Dialup Networking

> Both Clare and I are experiencing a delay of around 65+ secs to get online to check our emails ect..(I tried XP and know I can connect quicker...about 10 secs) Is it possible to get around using the Windows ME way of using Dialup Networking....surely were not the only ones with this problem.......?

If you edit the connection properties within dial-up networking, and uncheck the box that says "Log on to network", you may find a vast improvement.
Claremac
Grafter

> If you edit the connection properties within dial-up networking, and uncheck the box that says "Log on to network", you may find a vast improvement.

Brilliant! Thanks, John, that has done the trick. Can now connect in about 8 seconds. Thanks to Charles too for raising the subject again until it got an answer. That takes away the only niggle I'd had about broadband. I knew it would be an easy answer, just didn't know what!

Regards,

Clare
N/A

> > If you edit the connection properties within dial-up networking, and uncheck the box that says "Log on to network", you may find a vast improvement.

I've just this minute looked at this query hoping it would solve a gripe of mine. Cheers!

N/A

> > Both Clare and I are experiencing a delay of around 65+ secs to get online to check our emails ect..(I tried XP and know I can connect quicker...about 10 secs) Is it possible to get around using the Windows ME way of using Dialup Networking....surely were not the only ones with this problem.......?
>
> If you edit the connection properties within dial-up networking, and uncheck the box that says "Log on to network", you may find a vast improvement.

John
Likewise..sorry for delay.........many thanks
N/A

> > Both Clare and I are experiencing a delay of around 65+ secs to get online to check our emails ect..(I tried XP and know I can connect quicker...about 10 secs) Is it possible to get around using the Windows ME way of using Dialup Networking....surely were not the only ones with this problem.......?
>

John
Likewise..sorry for delay.........many thanks