cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL & Linux

N/A

ADSL & Linux

Hi all,

Was hoping someone out there in plus.net land might know some good resources helping me to set up my linux with ADSL I was thinking drivers and how-to's...

Ta very much

--
Si
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL & Linux

Hi,
What Linux and modem are you using?
I have just installed my adsl am using a dsl-504 router. I have a windows machine and a Mandrake linux machine connected and can access the internet from both.
In Mandrake I just set up the network with DCHL, with no modem or adsl modem. If I click on the connect to the internet button, the connection is just part of the network.
I have noticed that the adsl connection software in Mandrake uses PPPoe connection profile instead of PPPoA.

I do have one problem and that is seeing the windows machine from linux so that I can remote print. Can anyone help?

I hope this helps
regards
Paul Stear

> Hi all,
>
> Was hoping someone out there in plus.net land might know some good resources helping me to set up my linux with ADSL I was thinking drivers and how-to's...
>
>
> Ta very much
>
>
> --
> Si

N/A

RE: ADSL & Linux

I have a USB ADSL and a slackware distribution of linux.

I wanted to have that machine running as the gateway for the LAN, there are a few folks on my house wanting internet access, and my only other computer is this laptop, which isn't always on.....

I'd noticed the PPPoe thing.

this is really puzzling, no-one anywhere seems to have a clue....

> Hi,
> What Linux and modem are you using?
> I have just installed my adsl am using a dsl-504 router. I have a windows machine and a Mandrake linux machine connected and can access the internet from both.
> In Mandrake I just set up the network with DCHL, with no modem or adsl modem. If I click on the connect to the internet button, the connection is just part of the network.
> I have noticed that the adsl connection software in Mandrake uses PPPoe connection profile instead of PPPoA.
>
> I do have one problem and that is seeing the windows machine from linux so that I can remote print. Can anyone help?
>
> I hope this helps
> regards
> Paul Stear
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Was hoping someone out there in plus.net land might know some good resources helping me to set up my linux with ADSL I was thinking drivers and how-to's...
> >
> >
> > Ta very much
> >
> >
> > --
> > Si
>
>