cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL all over the place

N/A

ADSL all over the place

Hi Guys

Hopefully you can help me as plusnet just want to wash their hands off it.

For the past 3 months my ADSL has been rock solid 24/7 availability. Over the past month it has been going up and down loike a yo yo. Sometimes it stays up for days other times not at all for hours

The only thing of interest I have noticed is my noise mrgin figures are also going up and down sometimes to as low as 4db.

I am connected wuth a netgear dg834g.

Any thoughts appreciated.

John
5 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL all over the place

Hi John,

Welcome to the forums.

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Can you outline the diagnostic checks you have already carried out. It saves us getting you to repeat things you have already tried. Smiley
N/A

ADSL all over the place

nothing else is on the line just my router. I've also tried a different adsl modem with same results. My neighbour has no problems when I have no service.

John
N/A

ADSL all over the place

Have Plus Net escalated this to BTw yet for checking.

If nothing else is connected to your line and you have tried a different router then it is now up to BT to investigate.

Why do you say that PN want to wash their hands of it. Have you carried out all the tests and checks they have requested?

Perhaps you could outline your dealings with PN.

Sorry for so many questions. i am just trying to get a picture of the current situation.
Highlighted
N/A

ADSL all over the place

Because the connection rights itself by the time plus net do anything about it the connection is either working fine or dead and unable to be tested.

They then go on to say no fault can be found and close the ticket.

John
DrSeeAll
Grafter

ADSL all over the place

@dslaccess
I've been having similar intermittant problems to you. I've tried all the tests and replaced filters with a face plate splitter, new modem/router etc etc.

Anyway today SNR dropped right down to 1dB and download speed was virtually non-existant.

I was convinced it was a BT line problem but afraid of a call-out charge I investigated the BT side of the master socket. I cleaned and re-did the connections. Success, SNR immediatedly back up to 15dB (normal for me) and download back to 900 KBps (1 meg connection)

Maybe worth a look at your master socket.