cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL activation jumped back a stage? Problem?!

dagriffin
Dabbler

Hiya again. Some of you may have seen my post yesterday on whether I was guarranteed ADSL but today I checked and its still on the same box of the adsl tracker, but the thing about BT activating my line today has dissappeared. What does this mean? Has my line failed the check or will it update later? The little flashing arrow is still there, showing that there are no problems?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance
Gaz
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

I've just checked BT's database and can confirm that your order is still going through. It looks like we're simply awaiting confirmation that they have activated the ADSL service on your line. Our Development team have already picked up on the problem you've experienced with the ADSL tracker and they're currently working to resolve it.
dagriffin
Dabbler

Thanks for the rapid response Cool Fingers crossed then!
~Gaz
dagriffin
Dabbler

Right, well I just checked on the BT website and it says that the IP STREAM500 ADSL order (or something like that) was completed on the 18th (yesterday), so hopefully my ADSL TRACKER should update soon and my modem will be sent. Doesnt look like Ill be up and running this weekend though.
Gaz
N/A

Does anyone know how the modems are sent and how long it takes from activation. Given the hefty delivery charge, I would hope by courier ...
N/A

They are sent by Citylink.

Tim
N/A

If I remember correctly my modem arrived the day after the ADSL tracker said it had been dispatched. This was 5 days after BT left a message on my answer phone saying the line had been activated. I’m not sure how often the tracker is updated mine still says RMA in progress weeks after I returned an incorrectly supplied modem and received the correct 1.

Hope U don’t wait to long +nets BB is marvellous. Cheesy