cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL activation in my hands

N/A

ADSL activation in my hands

All,

ADSL ordered >10 days ago, but no progress on ADSL tracker.

I called BT, they say my line is ADSL broadband enabled, and that I should contact my ISP next.

I called plusnet support and submitted a 'contact us' ticket to plusnet asking to be ADSL activated.
They reply with:

"Dear Customer,

Your account can be activated but as BT have not given us the authorisation to do so if there are any problems they will not be investigated by BT.

Please advise."

Is this BT just being slow, should I go with it?

Has anyone any experience of the "problems they will not be investigated by BT"?

TIA

Alex.

3 REPLIES
catshill
Grafter

RE: ADSL activation in my hands

Exactly the same happened to me.
See the posting above this one.

It would appear that there can be a delay between a line being activated by BT and Plusnet getting to hear about it.

There could be lots of reasons why this is the case but I would guess it only makes about a couple of days difference but the trouble is WE ARE ALL BLOODY BIG KIDS AND TO IMPATIENT TO WAIT AREN'T WE!!!!!

Saturn
Grafter

> Exactly the same happened to me.
> See the posting above this one.
>
> It would appear that there can be a delay between a line being activated by BT and Plusnet getting to hear about it.
>
> There could be lots of reasons why this is the case but I would guess it only makes about a couple of days difference but the trouble is WE ARE ALL BLOODY BIG KIDS AND TO IMPATIENT TO WAIT AREN'T WE!!!!!
>
>

I would hate to disappoint you guys but I had to wait nearly 6 weeks!! Bt are the biggest bunch of tossers on the planet and according to the many (and long) conversations I had with them they couldn't give a ..... I threatened to go cable so Bt would then end up with none of my custom and all they could say was I should speak to my ISP. Oh, I had already tried BtOpenworld (another bunch of complete tossers). All I can suggest is that you keep posting problem logs with Plusnet and encourage escalation. If anyone can crack getting anywhere with Bt, Plusnet are probably your only choice. Best of luck, I sympathise greatly.
N/A

Well it's all working now.
(sorry to all those of you who are still waiting.)