cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Tweaks

N/A

ADSL Tweaks

TCP/IP Registry Settings:

There are various hidden settings related to your Internet connection, however the only one that really needs tweaking is the Receive Window (RWIN) setting whilst the others are better off left at Window's Defaults.

Use this Autofix to easily change this setting to one of the 'recommended' values:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/AutoFix.asp?file=IntSpeed.hta
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Tweaks

> TCP/IP Registry Settings:
>
> There are various hidden settings related to your Internet connection, however the only one that really needs tweaking is the Receive Window (RWIN) setting whilst the others are better off left at Window's Defaults.

Any chance you could let us have the values concerned? This site seemd to want money for something Smiley

N/A

> Any chance you could let us have the values concerned? This site seemd to want money for something Smiley
>
>

that is a good question.

What do people find works well as on optimal RWIN value?

I use 1500 I think...not sure it is a long time since I visited that part of my machine!

Cheers,
John
N/A

>
> What do people find works well as on optimal RWIN value?
>
> I use 1500 I think...not sure it is a long time since I visited that part of my machine!
>

Your confusing RWIN and MTU...

The windows default for MTU is already 1500 which is correct for broadband and incorrect for 56K (which should be set to 576).

For RWIN, I suggest either one of the recommended values the autofix lets you choose.

There is no signing up, you can just open that autofix for free afaik.