cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Trouble

N/A

ADSL Trouble

anyone else having probs with adsl (home 500) over the past few days, especially tonight? it's been playing up since friday (web pages usually not loading and loading very slowly when they do) and tonight i'm having to reboot my router at least hourly just to keep connected to MSN... web pages are only loading within the first 10-15 mins after a reboot..

only thing i can think of is the DNS server settings being incorrect:
Primary: 212.159.13.50
Secondary: 194.119.131.65 (someone suggested this back in the times of the old forums i believe)

other than that I have PPPoA, MTU of 1458.. nothing's been changed really :?
5 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL Trouble

Have you been checking the service status pages? There's been a lot of maintenance BT side recently.

My DNS settings are currently Primary : 192.168.0.1 [my router]....Secondary : 212.159.13.50, but I think you should use the settings on the Customer Support page :

Primary - 212.159.13.49
Secondary - 212.159.13.50
N/A

ADSL Trouble

the only maintainance scheduled for adsl wasn't due until a few hours after my post, and i should have said that those dns settings were set in my router control panel. should i have 192.168.0.1 set in the dns settings on the computers then? :?
Community Veteran

ADSL Trouble

Yes just checked my PC here and the DNS is 192.168.0.1 which is the address of my router on the network.
N/A

ADSL Trouble

If your computer obtains it's IP from the router via DHCP, then your computer will have set this automaticaly.

As for errors before maintainance, BT are famous for this.

There are a few occasions over the past few months, where ADSL and telephony has been cut, upto 5 hours before schedualed maintaince was due to begin.

Right in the middle of the period BT said it would be available, and when you trying to contact the people you need, before the cut.
N/A

ADSL Trouble

ok, thx for the help, it seems to be working again now so it may have been bt's fault, lets hope it stays working Smiley