cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Tracker for House move?

N/A

(Ticket 15581160)

I put in a house move request and raised a ticket to have the 1Mb Premium service on my new property (i was on 512kb Easystart).
Question is does the ADSL Tracker get updated to show the current progress of my house move request as it currently still shows my initial purchase of ADSL at my old property a year ago or will everything that happens just be noted on the ticket system?

And any ideas how long it will take for the ADSL to be activated from now? :lol:

Much TIA.

Stu
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I don't beleive the move activity updates the tracker, it is only new activations and migrations that it is use for. There are plans to use it for more types of change but that may be some way off. The ticket systen should show any progress being made.

Can't answer your 2nd Q on how long it will take. A normal activation takes 7 -> 10 days but I'm not sure if a move is done differently or not.
N/A

Cheers for the reply.

Maybe my post prompted someone at Plusnet but i had an email today stating that:-

The next action on your Contact Us Ticket is due on Wednesday 12th January at 9:00am. This ticket will remain open with the P&F - DSL Provisioning until this time.Additional information is provided below:

++Internal++

Cease in placed due 11/01/2005

When ticket comes off hold check line clear and action reprovide request

I presume this means my old line will be ceased (ADSL removed) on the 11th Jan and then a request for ADSL will have to be made after then?
So i'm looking at 1 week from now plus whatever it takes to get ADSL on my new line?
Community Veteran

Yep, that's my understanding of that text.
N/A

Hi there,

Im in the same boat, still waiting for my cease from BT. Then its about 7 - 10 days for reprovide. Trouble is i ordered it a week before xmas and im still hanging on Cry
N/A

Hi there,

Im in the same boat, still waiting for my cease from BT. Then its about 7 - 10 days for reprovide. Trouble is i ordered it a week before xmas and im still hanging on Cry

You havent got a cease date yet? :shock:
Mines tomorrow (Tuesday).

I put the change of address in on the 27th Dec.
N/A

Yeah i got a cease date, the 7th, which was Friday just gone. But upon contacting Plus they have told me its still not happened for some reason or another. Im still waiting. Was supposed to be updated about it yesterday but still nothing. Thing is its begining to effect what i need to do. Not happy!
N/A

It sounds like your sease may have gone through.

After this time, it can take days for BT to update all there databases, to say your line no longer has service, and that it can be reused for DSL.

It is a waiting game, until this happens and when plusNet can submit a sucesffuly order again.

Right now, this happens with a quite a number of service providers. Having problems getting the new order in. However, with the way the BT databse works, it can go beyiond the quoted dates, which is a pain.
N/A

Ah i see. Thanks for your quick reply. Would be nice if i could get it sorted soon, its begining to grind a bit!