cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Through a UPS

N/A

ADSL Through a UPS

Hi

First of all thanks Plusnet, I have ADSL up and running without any problems at all, good service so far.

I have just realised that my modem prior to ADSL was plugged through the surge protection RJ11 ports on my APC UPS, and I would like to do the same with the ADSL phone line.

What are people's thoughts regarding sending the ADSL cable through it in terms of signal degradation?

I will give it a go and let people know if it works, just wondering what other people do?

Regards

Leigh
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Through a UPS

I have mh ADSL connection through a surge protector (not UPS) and it works fine.
> Hi
>
> First of all thanks Plusnet, I have ADSL up and running without any problems at all, good service so far.
>
> I have just realised that my modem prior to ADSL was plugged through the surge protection RJ11 ports on my APC UPS, and I would like to do the same with the ADSL phone line.
>
> What are people's thoughts regarding sending the ADSL cable through it in terms of signal degradation?
>
> I will give it a go and let people know if it works, just wondering what other people do?
>
> Regards
>
> Leigh
>

N/A

RE: ADSL Through a UPS

Hi

Yes I have now done this with my ADSL. Works perfectly. My concern was that the UPS would have some sort of RFI/EMI filtering on the telephone pass-through that would strip the ADSL signal, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Regards

Leigh