Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Speed Problems - Headcount

Ianwild
Grafter

Hi Guys,

I already have this data from the other forums and posts here so sorry for asking you to repeat yourselves. I am looking to do a quick headcount of issues that remain as we have a technical review meeting with BT tomorrow to address the remaining problems and I just want to get an overview of the outstanding problems...

Can you reply to this thread with a ticket number from your account if, for a period of more than 30 minutes a day, you are achieving less than 75% of your maximum potential bandwidth, (ie on a 2MB account this would be < 180KB/s downloads from reliable sites and the AG speedchecker).

I understand that some people have other problems, but one of the barriers to us solving this is that people are reporting very different issues so I want to address these specific cases with BT first. Please bear in mind that the problems experienced over the weekend were different and if you have not seen an issue since 10:30 today then I would ask you not to reply.

Thanks,

Ian
17 REPLIES
Boundey
Grafter

Yup i think my problem still remains with the drop outs... so far i have been fobbed off by all support by plusnet and BT now passing from pillar to post.

I used the BT fault line tester last night and they found a problem on my line. An engineer rang this morning and told me to get in touch with my ISP!!!! Evil

So far my router has been connected to the WAN port now for over 7 hours!! whooo!! Its a record for the last couple of weeks!! I'd like to think that you have solved the problem but in the mean time i'm also very dissapointed in the support saying it was a problem at my end regarding the speed when a great number of users have had speed troubles this weekend!!
Ianwild
Grafter

Hi,

Speed problems this weekend and speed problems at any other time are two totally separate things. We have issued an apology today to customers who had speed problems over the weekend as the support team did not handle the fault correctly, a matter that is being addressed internally.

What I need from this thread was to know which people were still getting slow speeds. In your post you haven't answered that... I need you folks to help us resolve this as there is nothing on our network that could be causing slowdowns and we need to keep the pressure up on BT......

Thanks,

Ian
N/A

No better here. I'm still posting my regular speed test results here . Makes interesting viewing, but none too pleasant.

Still got ticket 8713142 open on it.

Chris
N/A

Ticket no 8632506 was opened on 24/10/2003, was told speeds ok and it was contention, so i closed the ticket as it was pointless to argue the case.

Speeds still slow, portal is very slow in loading (this is recent) last 4-5 days. Have posted numerous information on other forum, will continue to post info if required.
N/A

adsl speed and connection probs

speed this afternoon slow also i had to recycle my router three time between 15:00 and 16:00 hrs. Connection and speed fine this evening
Ianwild
Grafter

HI Mrleach,

if this continues could you fill out the template included in the sticky thread here and either raise that via the new path in Contact Us or post it here.

Regards,

Ian
N/A

I have just returned from a long weekend away to find that my connection has gotten even worse. Just performed two tests and got these awful results.

141 kbps
107 kbps

I am Mac based so cannot do the usual traceroute. Please advise.

becoming disappointed.
matt
N/A

slow speeds and connection probs

Hi Ian

Unable to connect at all this afternoon

prob due to recent pipe trouble?

regards

David
Ianwild
Grafter

I have just returned from a long weekend away to find that my connection has gotten even worse. Just performed two tests and got these awful results.

141 kbps
107 kbps

Can you fill in the rest of the form and ignore the traceroute then - It isn't that important, but I need everything in a uniform fashion for BT.

Cheers,

Ian
N/A

141 kbps
107 kbps

Can you fill in the rest of the form and ignore the traceroute then - It isn't that important, but I need everything in a uniform fashion for BT.

I have done this once already, but will do so again.

Traceroute Results:
matt% traceroute www.mirror.co.uk
traceroute to icnetwork.co.uk (212.103.243.129), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
1 192.168.0.1 (192.168.0.1) 2.622 ms * *
2 lo0.plusnet.pth-ag1.plus.net (195.166.128.11) 30.314 ms * 22.42 ms
3 gi1-2.vlan3.pth-gw3.plus.net (212.159.1.2) 19.057 ms * 22.014 ms
4 gi5-0-4.pth-gw1.plus.net (195.166.129.21) 18.984 ms 20.749 ms 22.709 ms
5 * * *
6 * fe1-0.margret.as15758.net (212.103.252.1) 17.713 ms *
7 * pos4-0-0.mike.as15758.net (212.103.226.2) 39.966 ms 26.67 ms
8 * * *
9 * * *
10 * * *

Traceroute Time (24 Hour): 19:50 to 20:00
Traceroute Duration: 10 or so minutes
Traceroute Packet Size: 40 bytes
Packetloss in Traceroute?: Yes
Exchange: Upper Holloway
Problem: Permanently Slow Data Transfer (Everything is slow)
Duration of Problem: More than 1 week
Minimum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 107.3 kbps
Maximum Speed Achieved On PlusNet Speedtest: 414.5 kbps
Account: ADSL Home Surf (50:1)
IP Block Size: Single (default)
Ticket Number: None
Additional Information: Using Mac OS X with Actiontec all-in-one wireless router/adsl modem/firewall.

matt
N/A

Also a ping of www.mirror.co.uk returns 100% packet loss stats.

Cry
matt
N/A

Mirror.co.uk

Isn't mirror.co.uk the website of Bob Maxwell's baby Huh :roll:
N/A

1 192.168.0.1 (192.168.0.1) 2.622 ms * *

You are seeing packet loss in your own network.

Allthough it has only returned a single ping, you should very every rarely see 1ms pings to your router.

Have you rulled out your router as a possible cause.
N/A

I will look into it. My router is wireless, but i assume it should still be faster than that. I will try resetting/repositioning it.

Thanks.
matt