cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Self Install sux with +NET

N/A

ADSL Self Install sux with +NET

I'm a one armed bandit trying to bring truth to new ADSL users who signed up to +net and need to get started. :bandit:

If anyone has gone for the self-install "ADSL PCI Starter Pack" option, read here:
http://www.consumer-reviews.co.uk/topic.asp?ReviewID=7174&SubCatID=104276&CategoryID=254&SubMainID=2...

If not then I can't comment as i've not seen the hardware in person they give you.

All the same though, +Net clearly doesn't know or want to care that their Conexant modems they are supplying are causing much grief for newbies to the ADSL service due to hardware incompatibilities. :deadhead:
5 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Self Install sux with +NET

I think I can relate to that. I have a A220 modem that came with a self install starter pack, my line has been active for a week now and I still am unable to connect. I've tried everything, but all i ever get is the Error code 651 "The modem has reported an error", which does not help much. Its like asking "Where is Bin Laden?" and getting a reply "Somewhere out there". I suspect the fault lies with the modem itself. It may be some kind of incompatability with my system, XP,ect.
I read your review in Consumer Review and now I am asking my self is the A220 modem I have a Connexant modem?

> I'm a one armed bandit trying to bring truth to new ADSL users who signed up to +net and need to get started. :bandit:
>
> If anyone has gone for the self-install "ADSL PCI Starter Pack" option, read here:
> http://www.consumer-reviews.co.uk/topic.asp?ReviewID=7174&SubCatID=104276&CategoryID=254&SubMainID=2...
>
> If not then I can't comment as i've not seen the hardware in person they give you.
>
> All the same though, +Net clearly doesn't know or want to care that their Conexant modems they are supplying are causing much grief for newbies to the ADSL service due to hardware incompatibilities. :deadhead:

N/A

> I read your review in Consumer Review and now I am asking my self is the A220 modem I have a Connexant modem?
>

Well you know what we're both thinking if it is which i'm wondering that it probably is...i've never heard of the make A220.

Only Alcatel, Asus and Solwise to name but a few use the same reliable ITeX Apollo2 chipset which is the solution to any problems with a Conexant chipset ADSL modem. Smiley
N/A

The A220 is a Connexant modem, i had a simalr problem. The line was activated but i could not connect to the exchange.

If u can conect to the exchange but not plusnet, it sounds like a settings problem.

If ur problem is ur modem not reporting 'connection established', then it sounds the same as my problem. I was running windows XP on an AMD machine, and it wouldnt have none of it.

I got a new modem from adslsource.co.uk (alcatel speed touch), and works fine, no problems. Im arranging to send back my shitty modem supplied by plusnet.

Hope that helps.

N/A

It doesn't suprise me that when a starter pack is meant to work on every system or whatever unless they clearly said "not compatible with AMD and XP", it doesn't Cry

elton
Grafter

> It doesn't suprise me that when a starter pack is meant to work on every system or whatever unless they clearly said "not compatible with AMD and XP", it doesn't Cry
>
>

So you expect them to test it with every possible combination of operating system, motherboard and peripheral, before they sell it to you, do you?

Are you mad, or simply deluding youself?

--
Skonko!