cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Routers

N/A

ADSL Routers

Has any one any idea which are/is the best ADSL Router ( non wirless) to purchase?
33 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL Routers

The Netgear DG834 is a pretty good choice, I shall probably be selling mine in the next few days (if you're interested?) - only because we're moving over to cable.
N/A

ADSL Routers

Hi,

I'd echo the above. Netgear routers are hard to beat and simple to set up and configure.
N/A

ADSL Router

Thanks for your offer of the Netgear but I would like to see if I get any more information from NP people.
Regards.
N/A

ADSL Routers

I have used solwise which I was very happy with, good support forum. Lots and lots of optionds in the setup.

Recently moved to netgear to get wireless connections to the kids rooms.

Netgear works well, simple to setup, lacks the support forum of solwise.

I have recently bought another wireless netgear for a friend.

Would buy either manufacturer again.
Alecto
Grafter

ADSL Routers

Got a Solwise from Pn when it ws their standard issue.
Easy to set up and no problems at all.

A point worth noting is that the Netgear ones don't support Multicast, which Pn says it's working on in conjunction with the BBC. (A more efficient way of getting BBC broadcasts giving better picture quality, if you're not familiar with it.) Currently undergoing trials, but a Pn technical man came on the forum to say that Pn hope to be one of the first to go live with Multicast.
LiamM
Grafter

ADSL Routers

I absolutely love Netgear kit.

My DG834G has served me very well for a year and is still going strong. It's reliable, it's easy to use and setup is (was) a doddle.
pimpernel
Grafter

ADSL Routers

The USR Sureconnect 4 port router/modem works fine for me (except that I want to connect 5 computers to it). Previously used the USR external fax/modem for 5 years with no problems at all - it just worked.
N/A

Router

I too will add to the Netgear recommendation, I have the DG834, easy to setup, easy to configure and I have had no problems Cheesy

Regards

Steve.
N/A

ADSL Routers

I would backup the Netgear vote as everyone at work has them and have had no problems. If you decide to go for the Solwise PN option then I would shop around to find the best price. Remember that PN is a service provider first and may not give be able to give the best price for equiptment.
N/A

ADSL Routers

I have the net gear router your on about and its simple. I have a pc connected wireless on my network and a mac ibook g4 on it. Great works with out any hassle
N/A

ADSL Routers

Go for the Netgear DG834G or the DG834 it Rocks
N/A

ADSL Routers

I use the Dynamode 4 ports router which is, I am sure, cheaper than the Netgear, and very easy to configure as well :

http://www.dynamode.net/ADSL/R-ADSL-C4.htm

Can be found on :
http://www.scan.co.uk/index.asp
http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/
N/A

Netgear

Go for the Netgear DG834,I have had the wireless model for over a year with no problems. Cheesy
LiamM
Grafter

ADSL Routers

I've had my DG834G for a while also. I swear by it.

From ebuyer.com it's still very well priced :

Click here