cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Router Reboot

N/A

ADSL Router Reboot

Hi

Quickie, I have been have a number of speed issues with my 2mb PAYG connection, recently, just seems to get slower and slower. I find the only thing to do is restart the ADSL Router.

Two questions:

Is it good practice to disconnect from time to time anyway ?

It can take my router about 10 mins and a number of reboots to connect is that normal ?

Nigel
3 REPLIES
Cloudmaster
Grafter

Re: ADSL Router Reboot

It can take my router about 10 mins and a number of reboots to connect is that normal ?

Based on my own experience I'd say that's far from normal. Mine usually takes no more than about 40 seconds to reconnect after a reboot.
N/A

ADSL Router Reboot

Hi

Thanks for that, if that is the case does anyone know if it is likely to be the router or the line ?

What normally happens is that I reboot the rooter it comes up but doesn't connect, sometimes by leaving it it finally connects or I keep resetting it then evventially it will connect.

Nigel
N/A

ADSL Router Reboot

1. It is not particularly "good practice" to disconect from time to time - you shouldn't need to.

2. No i wouldn't say that was "normal". If you know what make and model your router is i would visit the manfucturers website and see if you can obtain an updated firmware.

Failing that make sure that your router is not getting too hot - all too often I have gone round to fix "faulty" routers to find that they are sitting on a thick carpet and are almost too hot to touch - this is not good for their general stability!