cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL ROUTER (Dont know which one to get?.)

N/A

LO all ive finaly sorted out my speed problems its was my speed touch 330 usb that was slowing down my 1mb line beacause my mate came round with his draytek 2600 ADSL router which is one hell of a router. He put it in my computer
and the my speed tests were fantastic i was geting 112K a sec from a my basic home 1mb line. so i im asking for your advice, my mates router costs £160 which is far to expensive so i need a single port ADSL router and a good one which supports PPPoA. im only prepared to spend about £100 on a ADSL router. I was thinking about a netgear or a draytek and i only single port since theres only one computer in my house. What would you all recommend beacause after all ADSL routers wipe the floor with usb modems. Cheesy

CHEERS
5 REPLIES
N/A

Hi Grazz

I would have a look at the google site and get information on them there. I am currently trying to find either a modem or router to work with windows 98 which is what I have and my modem from plusnet only supports windows 98se. They give you information on good places to buy routers from including nickknows.com who have a binatone modem router adsl 200 for £49.35 inc. vat. They seem to be cheaper than others I have looked at so far.

Sals Smiley
N/A

Hi grazz,

I went for a D-Link DSL-504 router - it was about £80 from dslwarehouse.co.uk it's 4 port to which is handy

Easy to setup and D-link are there on an 0800 number if you need them.

Pete
N/A

Hi, I have Solwise SAR715+ router which also has a built in four port hub and have had no problems with it so far. Found it easy to set up and support from Solwise is very good. Cheesy
N/A

I was thinking about a netgear dg834 ADSL router that sounds good but do u all think
Community Veteran

That is one of the better ones but does tend to be pricey. There are several other similar spec units from D-link, Linksys.