cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Problems? Say YES here.

N/A

ADSL Problems? Say YES here.

I was just wondering how many of us out there are having problems with the ADSL system.

Just reply YES to this post if u are having problems.

Cheers.
17 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Problems? No

A few duff times but on the whole - GOOD!

Hugh Milsom

Grimbo
Grafter

RE: ADSL Problems? Say YES here.

> Just reply YES to this post if u are having problems.

YES!!!!
N/A

> > Just reply YES to this post if u are having problems.

YES YES YES, ADSL is diabolically slow and I for one would like to ask why we pay subscription for the service.

If it is a BT Gateway issue then Plus Net should be able to get some compensation from BT and pass it on to us customers who are suffering and paying for the privilege!

John

N/A

> I was just wondering how many of us out there are having problems with the ADSL system.
>
> Just reply YES to this post if u are having problems.
>
> Cheers.

YES!!
N/A

YES.. tonight particularly bad.

On the service page they say it is BTs fault, and they are bringing forward an upgrade from the 28th Aug... but they don't say when they are bringing it forward to!

I left BT to get away from this sort of crap... where next i wonder.. clara??

regards etc
robert
N/A

bad its awful

BT suxors as usual if they dont get any better i cant see me using BT again not after the anytime disgrace.
N/A

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Connection less than 50% of "normal".

After running soooooooo many bandwidth tests tonight, 6 per site, ignoring the two highest and two lowest then averaging the middle two, I have some fairly consisntent results.

As an example 194Kbps(down), 92Kbps (up).

I will not waste my time phoning plusnet or raise a ticket or email plusnet for an explanation.
But.... am wondering if because we are not being provided with the service that we have subscribed for, that we should be given refunds for periods when service is not up to standard.HuhHuhHuh??

If a customer in a resteraunt finds his meal unacceptable he can refuse to pay(leaving his name and address etc), pay what he/she thinks the meal is worth etc. Mmmmmmmmm I think current connection is worth something in the order of a bag of soggy chips!

Rog

--
PCSensei
Dabbler

YES!! Total loss of connection for over 24 hours, and soggy speeds on resumption. I had also suggested to Plus Net that if it really is BT's fault their lawyers should be demanding compensation from BT which could be passed on to customers suffering poor/no service - this is not the service I contracted to pay for!
N/A

> YES!! Total loss of connection for over 24 hours, and soggy speeds on resumption. I had also suggested to Plus Net that if it really is BT's fault their lawyers should be demanding compensation from BT which could be passed on to customers suffering poor/no service - this is not the service I contracted to pay for!

What was plusnets response to your suggestion re. lawyers and compensation to customers?
How many others here feel that we should be compensated for poor service/lack of service etc??
Rog(YEs I am annoyed that I am not getting the service I am paying for).
Rog

--
N/A

Cant do sod all, internet radio nope get better reception on shortwave, gaming nope Dungeon Siege plays like a dog, Web got a whole new perspective on World Wide Wait.

Plusnet had better put a long term solution in place or at the end of my annual contract (6-7months) i will have no choice but to go elsewhere if the current situation remains ongoing.

Which is a shame because they have the best customer support ive ever come across unfortunately the ADSL has been very very patchy and constantly blaming it on BT is not helping Plusnet customers even if it is true.

I dont mind paying a little more if it means a more reliable connection.

Ali
N/A

Just wondering how long it will take for a response from plusnet to appear in one of these strings of postings re poor service?
--
N/A

> I will not waste my time phoning plusnet or raise a ticket or email plusnet for an explanation.
> But.... am wondering if because we are not being provided with the service that we have subscribed for, that we should be given refunds for periods when service is not up to standard.HuhHuhHuh??
>

Thats because we are not entitled to any sort of refund for a poor service because ADSL does not have a Service Level Agreement (SLA).

You have to pay a whole lot more for a Leased Line where an SLA is meant to guarantee whatever terms of the service are set forth and then you would be eligible for refunds where appropriate.
Grimbo
Grafter

BT? I don't have a contract with BT! I dont want to hear plusnet blame BT. If my radio breaks, I dont want to hear Sony blame some component manufacturer.

I have a contract with plusnet and I want them to sort this crappy connection out.

Then maybe i'll get another four months decent connection.
N/A

Yes, I've noticed that support seem to be keeping a VERY low profile this time, or perhaps they're all busy sorting out the problem ( VERY straight face )
Regards, John Taylor