cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Pricing

N/A

ADSL Pricing

Hello,

After being honoured enough to be invited for a tour of the BT Tower and seeing all the guts and glory ( modem racks as far as the eye can see!)- was just wondering how companys like SuftAnytime and Silvermead can afford to do 2MB for £40 a month but PlusNet cant?

Pete
8 REPLIES
N/A

ADSL Pricing

Looking at the details, they are using the BT DataStream platform, which is somthing that PlusNet don't.

There Home 2Mb services is a 50:1 ration, which is somthing BT do not offer on the IPStream platform.
N/A

ADSL Pricing

Somthing else I noted.

The Value Added Services are ppor compared to what you egt from PlusNet.

8 x 10MB mailboxes V's Unlimited (T&C's state 25MB) mailboxes

25MB webspace V's 250MB webspace & 50MB CGI/PHP

You have to pay for a static IP
N/A

ADSL Pricing

Fair point chaps - however i don't use any of my VAP's - apart from the referal scheme and static IP - but i can like without those on ADSL to be honest.

And while i appreciate the mailbox point - again i don't use my plusnet account - i've a domain with 15GB of space and 50GB transfer a month -and that's the ULTIMATE mailbox lol

SO it's £20 a month extra for VAPs i don't use?

Hmm, well i will try plusnet on 512 and then maybe join one of these companys in the future.
N/A

ADSL Pricing

Have plusnet ever considered doing a 'Barebones' package eg. with
basic broadband and an email address, without any of the extras,
which maybe you can sign up for if required at a later date?
Or is this not possible with the IP stream / BT Wholesale structure.
Community Veteran

ADSL Pricing

Do you mean like a ADSL HomeSurf operating at higher speeds?

Thomas
N/A

ADSL Pricing

Yes but without the P2P restrictions. Eg why not offer the 1Mb 20-1 or
the new 50-1 trial (assuming its a success) without Webspace which
you could add on if required.
I'm based in London and some of the offers Bulldog are doing are very tempting eg 1Mb40-1 for £29.36, however Ive just noticed that there also offering a 1mb 50-1 for £32.89 on a National basis therefore Plusnets
package considering the extras is better value.
http://www.bulldogdsl.com/residential/products/AllTime/index.asp
N/A

ADSL Pricing

Don't get me wrong - Plus net's history is supurb and i like the fact they are there 24/7 - it's just i don't see the point in paying for things i won't ever use.

I'll give PlusNet a go for 12 months and see where i want to go then.
keithcalder
Grafter

ADSL Pricing

Anyone considering Silvermead should have a look on Ispreview before thay sign up, there are many ppl who have major complaints with that company, stick with plusnet, there great. Smiley