cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Platform Upgrade

N/A

ADSL Platform Upgrade

Dear Customer,

Following extensive investigations into reports some customers have made with regard to slow upload and download speeds on our ADSL service, we have now finalised details of upgrades to areas of our DSL and Internet platforms. This should resolve any difficulties customers have experienced.

The upgrade centres around the installation of a further Redback SMS 10000, the equipment which we use to manage ADSL connectivity within our network. The installation of this equipment will take place at 5AM on Thursday morning and will affect all users on the ‘plus.net’ ADSL realm. Customers may experience brief outages to service at this time.

Further to this, on Friday at 10AM, all users on the ‘plusdsl.net’ ADSL realm will be moved from the current BT Managed hardware to the new Redback equipment. These changes, coupled with upgrades in our Linx (London Internet eXchange) and core Internet bandwidth which will take place before Friday, will ensure we have scalability within our network in the future.

We would like to thank customers for the patience they have displayed during this time. We take the quality of our products very seriously and have worked tirelessly in the last few weeks to provide the fastest possible solution to the issues that have been reported. We will provide further updates regarding the success of these changes during the week.

Kind Regards,
Customer Support.
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: ADSL Platform Upgrade

Thank you.
N/A

errr... so is this why i me signing up for a plus acocunt has fronzen and any webspace become unable to access via ftp.. oh and the reason why my email stop working 5mins ago..

pls plus net.. i do like you good fokes but.. i don't wanna leave you so soon after signing up and waiting for activation.

all the best,
j0hn.d

N/A

Yey, this sounds like it should fix my upload speed of 3kbps!!! Although my download speed has never really been that bad, just my upload at an appaling rate of 3kbps!

Thanks Plusnet, hope it works
N/A

Thank you Plusnet i Hope this works out for the better?

At least u listened!
Nocturne
Grafter

Pleased we will have 'scalability' within the network.
N/A

I'm a new subscriber on the plusdsl realm, and am experiencing quite good up/download speeds. I know this is a bit of a silly question, but will this upgrade and subsequent switch over to the new Redback equipment detrimentally affect my speeds at all?
N/A

> I'm a new subscriber on the plusdsl realm, and am experiencing quite good up/download speeds. I know this is a bit of a silly question, but will this upgrade and subsequent switch over to the new Redback equipment detrimentally affect my speeds at all?

it will! what kind of speeds r u getting?

go to adslguide.org.uk and do a speed test!
N/A

This has also affected plusdsl.net customers as well as I have not been able to login since this morning and still not able to

Kwack