cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL Pipe Installation Update

N/A

ADSL Pipe Installation Update

Dear Customer,

We are pleased to announce that the installation of our next 155MB ADSL pipe is now completed and the pipe is ready for activation. While we do not envisage that the work to activate the new pipe will cause any downtime, some customers may be disconnected briefly during the move and will need to re-connect. Any disruption to service is likely to occur between 6AM and 9AM tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, when the new pipe will become fully active.

We will make a further announcement as soon as the pipe is live, or in the event that the above schedule changes.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support.

6 REPLIES
Nix
Dabbler

RE: ADSL Pipe Installation Update

yeeee haaar!

Right, in that case it's time to upgrade my package,as im sooo lazy could somebody tell me which package allows me to use P2P programes, and how much does it cost?

Dave.
N/A

> yeeee haaar!
>
> Right, in that case it's time to upgrade my package,as im sooo lazy could somebody tell me which package allows me to use P2P programes, and how much does it cost?
>
> Dave.

Hi

This ADSL package allows P2P usage
http://portal.plus.net/info2/residential/res_broadband_adslhome_selfinstall.html

and its £22.99 a month plus setup fees the details are given on the page Smiley

w2k
--
MICROSOFT = Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools
Teenagers
Nix
Dabbler

W2K,.... your a good man. Just to confirm, this does mean i'll be able to use progs such as Kazaa, winmx etcHuh

Also, will upgrading the account cause any down time? - W2k, i'll be impressed if you can answer this one.........

Dave:deadhead:
N/A

> W2K,.... your a good man. Just to confirm, this does mean i'll be able to use progs such as Kazaa, winmx etcHuh

Yes Kazaa, winMX, morpheus etc etc

> Also, will upgrading the account cause any down time? - W2k, i'll be impressed if you can answer this one.........

Ermm well that all depends on the account that your using now. I assume Its dialup or connect. If so then you should be able to sign up to ADSL go through the activation etc but still keep ur other account active and usable. So you will have a connection until ADSL is ready for use and then plusnet will just swap you over to the new ADSL account with hopefully no bumps Smiley

I'm pretty sure thats how it works

w2k

--
MICROSOFT = Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools
Teenagers
N/A

That's what I did... used the 0845 dial up until I received an email from PlusNet that my ADSL connection was installed (5 days from signing up - Nice one PlusNet !) and then I ordered a router from Simply. It was delivered the next day, I connected it all up, fiddled with IP addresses for a few minutes and Robert's your Mother's Brother... Broadband City !

Should have no probs... plenty of help on these forums if you get stuck though.

Have fun !
Daniel
Cheesy
N/A

Ah the beauty that is the 155MB Fat Pipe! Lets hope all of our hassles are long forgotten and we can all surf, download and share as was intendid.

Plus Net, heres to a happy future (hopefuly)