cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL PCI Modem won't sync after hibernate

N/A

I have windows XP home and use hibernate instead of full shut down most of the time. About 50% of the time the ADSL modem refuses to connect when I restart from a hibernation. No such problems after a full restart.

I have the standard PCI ADSL modem supplied by plus.net. Have tried new drivers but makes no odds. Anyone else have similar problems or know a good fix. At the mo I'm back to hard shutdowns.

:?

Graeme
2 REPLIES
N/A

I can't really help, but I'm not surprised you get this problem. Some time ago I had a sound card that worked fine with the standard settings, but when I set it up in a different way (headphones instead of loudspeakers as default) then it would always come up with no sound after hibernation.

Personally I wouldn't recommend hiberbnation - unless you go for a LAN router that can stay on while your computer hibernates.

Hopefully someone with experience of PCI ADSL cards can be of more help.

Geoff
N/A

Hi mc

I have exactly the same problem with mine. I’m using win 98se with a (USB) dynamode A360, the problem seems to be time related eg if I disconnect for 5-20 minutesish it reconnects fine, 1 Hr + and I also am forced to re-start the PC to re-establish a connection.

I just leave the ADSL connection on all the time now, without any problems.