cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL PCI MODEM DROPPING THE LINE

N/A

ADSL PCI MODEM DROPPING THE LINE

Can some one tell me why my modem keeps dropping the line after about ten monutes and then connecting again after 20 seconds,is it BT or the modem drivers?
terry
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: ADSL PCI MODEM DROPPING THE LINE

Possibly software on your machine. Check that your mail client isn't set to disconnect or IE doesn't disconnect if it is idle.

Then try reinstalling the modem (fully uninstall it first).

Chris
N/A

> Can some one tell me why my modem keeps dropping the line after about ten monutes and then connecting again after 20 seconds,is it BT or the modem drivers?
> terry

Terry, it is a common problem with pci cards if they are sharing the IRQ with another device that they drop the line regularly. Check the IRQ for the device and if it is sharing then move the card to a different pci slot. Don't put it in slot 1 either as that definately shares the IRQ with the graphics card in the agp slot and will cause probs.

N/A

> > Can some one tell me why my modem keeps dropping the line after about ten monutes and then connecting again after 20 seconds,is it BT or the modem drivers?
> > terry
>
> Terry, it is a common problem with pci cards if they are sharing the IRQ with another device that they drop the line regularly. Check the IRQ for the device and if it is sharing then move the card to a different pci slot. Don't put it in slot 1 either as that definately shares the IRQ with the graphics card in the agp slot and will cause probs.
>
> Thank you I will try it
Terry